Help Please ( Parts of Quotes )

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Hello Everybody , For what ever reason ( finger control on keypad ? ) have all ways had a problem with quotes ! However with the new T P Make Over :):) & the new respond to member button quotes are a lot easier :) to do ! The only problem is am still not sure how to do part / mini quotes from a Post or Thread Wanted to pick out 1 or 2 sentences from a Post today & was not able to do it

Thank you for your help very grateful

Love Grove x

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
The only problem is am still not sure how to do part / mini quotes from a Post or Thread Wanted to pick out 1 or 2 sentences from a Post today & was not able to do it

Grove, what I do is to
highlight the sentence I want to copy, usually by running the mouse over the words right click on the mouse and click 'copy'
open up the 'respond' page
and right click again
and paste.
If you have copied too much of it, you can delete the parts you don't want and click on the quote thingy!

Alternatively, copy and paste the whole thing and then delete the parts you don't need.
I hope that's clear enough!

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
For what ever reason ( finger control on keypad ? ) have all ways had a problem with quotes ! However with the new T P Make Over :):) & the new respond to member button quotes are a lot easier :) to do ! The only problem is am still not sure how to do part / mini quotes from a Post or Thread Wanted to pick out 1 or 2 sentences from a Post today & was not able to to do it

Love Grove x

Hi Grove

I do it in a couple of ways.
1. Click respond to member so that whole quote appears in message window like I did for your's above. Then put your cursors at the end of a part or sentence you don't want and press the backspace/delete button until it has deleted what you don't want.

2. Highlight the part of the quote you want and Ctrl C it to copy it, then put your cursor in your message and press Ctrl V to paste it, I then click on the little quote icon top left (4th in) at the top of the message screen which will then put it in a yellow box for you.

I hope this helps and isn't more confusing for you but it's the way I do it

I hope your Mum and Dad are doing OK and you too
Best wishes
love
Seu

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Grove,
What I do (which may not be the best way but its fairly simple) is to highlight the text I want and copy it. Then I paste it into my reply, highlight that and then press the quote button above - then just add your own comments.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    9.9 KB · Views: 318

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Hello Everybody , For what ever reason ( finger control on keypad ? ) have all ways had a problem with quotes ! However with the new T P Make Over :):) & the new respond to member button quotes are a lot easier :) to do ! The only problem is am still not sure how to do part / mini quotes from a Post or Thread Wanted to pick out 1 or 2 sentences from a Post today & was not able to do it

Thank you for your help very grateful

Love Grove x

Click 'respond to member'
Select and delete the bit you don't want,
I selected part of the above quote and made it bold.
I could have deleted it instead.
Don't delete either the [ QUOTE] or [/QUOTE]

Last edited:

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Thank You all for helpful Replies

Thank you all for your very helpful replies & the job does not look or sound that difficult too do ! Sorry not made put your name on but thanks Saffie for starting this Thread off ! Will make a note & give it a go & many thanks once again T P 'ers at their best :)

Love Grove x