Help for my mum

Sharlotka.V

Mar 2, 2021
Hi there, I'm new here and looking for some support for my lovely mum!

Her husband was diagnosed last year but she wasn't offered any information or even the idea that there might be a support space for spouses of Alzheimer sufferers. Lockdown has been very frustrating and although she knows she can talk to me any time about anything we both recognise that she could benefit from the talking to people going through the same thing.

I will absolutely be getting her to register on here, but are there any WhatsApp groups? Or groups based on where people live (for post COVID!) so she doesn't quite feel so alone?

Any advice would be greatly received!

Thanks so much.x

Louise7

Volunteer Host
Mar 25, 2016
Hello @Sharlotka.V welcome to Talking Point which is a friendly and supportive group. Unfortunately it's quite common to 'just be left to get on with it' following a diagnosis, with little information provided, but glad to hear that you will be getting your mum to register here as it is a great source of information with loads of useful advice from those in similar positions. I don't know about any WhatsApp groups specifically for dementia issues but you could contact the Dementia Connect service and they will be able to let you know what support groups are available in your mum's local area (link below). Keep posting, and just ask away if you or your mum have any other questions.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Hullo and welcome to the group from me too, @Sharlotka.V. You and your mum should not have to struggle alone with Dementia and caring. As well as this group and the dementia connect service I also found a dementia carers group run by my local carers support centre. While the lockdown is on they have been running zoom calls and those are a great support. Homepage - Carers Trust will give you one near you I hope.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Micmomgram 5