Help for my friend

Denys T

Apr 5, 2020
Good Evening My name is Denys T,I have a friend who has dementia.i would like to know how can I start to use the group to start what I need to know to start my proceedings.I live in the town of Minehead on my own,my friend who has dementia is known as Rikto she is a German born lived in this country for 48 years.she also lives in Minehead,some 45 minutes walk away.she also lives alone.She is 80 years old.thats all for now.

Denys T

Apr 5, 2020
I am going to say some more.My friend Rikto is visited twice a day 7 days a week.However they seem not to do very much, sometimes abit of cleaning and washing up.Rikto has a microwave and sometimes she uses it.Roughly speaking I come to visit her and bring some hot food over.Rikto appears not able to cook for herself.She eats what's she is given.When She is able to go to the shops, she just like sweet things like Chocolates and sweet biscuits.

Denys T

Apr 5, 2020
I need to tell you all some of the problems we are facing with Rikto's dementia.
Rikto is fiecly independent.She has money,though she tells me she does not have much money now.It is very confusing for me.We have alot of arguments about money.she does not like to cook for herself now.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Welcome Denys,

Does she have next of kin and do you know of anyone with Power Of Attorney?

MaNaAk

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello @Denys T

If your friend has carers in twice a day, they are the ones you could speak to and voice your concerns.

Can I ask why you have arguments about money? Do you want Rikto to pay you for the food you take in? Feeding her is not your responsibility. If you think she is not eating properly please discuss it with her carers.

You are being a good friend but can only help in small ways.