Hello

peeky

Jan 26, 2014
I've been quietly reading for a few days but I thought I ought to introduce myself. I was diagnosed with mci in 2009 but told it was down to stress and depression. Last year my memory got worse and was fobbed off with 'it's probably menopause'. Then I started to get dizziness, a referral to ENT followed who ran a CT scan in October, suddenly in December foyer someone looked at the results the memory assessment service was involved, I'm up to my neck in doctors talking about the possibility of some form of early onset FTD. I'm only 46. Neuropsychologist this week, neurologist next week.

I'm just trying to remember to breathe but I'm off the scale in stress, terrified at what they are going to find, and wanting to find people who understand what this feels like.

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
Hello Peeky and welcome to the forum.

You really are going through a scary time and hopefully once all visits and tests are completed you will have an answer.

You will find everyone on here friendly, helpful and full of knowledge. I joined because my husband had been diagnosed with Alzheimer's. The help and support I got from TP and it's members was far and away above the support I received from those in the medical profession.

Just knowing I was not going through this on my own, there were people out there who despite their own heavy load of caring or suffering were prepared to help and support me.

So if you need us Peeky for advice, a shoulder to cry on or just an ear to listen to you shout or scream when things get too much just click on and we are here.

Take care,

Jay

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point mobile app

Pookie

Dec 29, 2011
Hello and welcome.

Peter&Jean Pookie

Attachments

• 1391599999051.jpg
    1391599999051.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 338