Hello

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Welcome to the forum @Janet Lough.

I’m glad you’ve found us. Perhaps you could tell us a little about your situation so that members are better placed to offer support. You’ll always find someone here to listen.

Janet Lough

Apr 4, 2024
Welcome to the forum @Janet Lough.

I’m glad you’ve found us. Perhaps you could tell us a little about your situation so that members are better placed to offer support. You’ll always find someone here to listen.
Hi Izzy

My mother has Alzheimer's, she is 89 & living with my father who is 91.
He has COPD & mesothelioma & is very frail. My mother has always worked as well as been the cook, cleaner & laundry. This is now very hard as she has forgotten how to use the oven & how to make a cooked meal.
Although they are living independently, she is confused a lot of the time, is constantly unaware of the time, which day it is & often thinks it's the following day after just seeing her an hour ago. She believes she lives at home & at "the other place" which has the same furniture & same garden but is somewhere else, which has resulted in her going walkabout a couple of times in the last month or so.

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Get help, contact the Alzheimer's society help line or whoever, past the point I'm prepared to say anything else, don't wait for the car crash.
Please do something before it happens. K

valleygirlvamp

Apr 2, 2024
Hi Izzy

My mother has Alzheimer's, she is 89 & living with my father who is 91.
He has COPD & mesothelioma & is very frail. My mother has always worked as well as been the cook, cleaner & laundry. This is now very hard as she has forgotten how to use the oven & how to make a cooked meal.
Although they are living independently, she is confused a lot of the time, is constantly unaware of the time, which day it is & often thinks it's the following day after just seeing her an hour ago. She believes she lives at home & at "the other place" which has the same furniture & same garden but is somewhere else, which has resulted in her going walkabout a couple of times in the last month or so.
Depending on where you live, you can start by reaching out to your local county assistance. Even if they own their own home, they may still qualify. I work 2 jobs, primarily because I have to, in order to pay bills, so my income would never qualify us for help, for my husband, but there are special laws for different situations. Having someone come by once a day, cook them a meal, help out with things and do a wellness check would be a great start. OH! I just realized I'm in a UK chat. Oh my! I'm in Pennsylvania. Still, there has to be something like that there. Prayers to you and yours.