Hello

rhondo62

Jan 12, 2024
I am new the group. I have become caretaker for my 83 year old mom that has severe dementia. My dad became hospitalized Dec. 6 and has not been home since. To say it's a challenge is an understatement. Hope to find support by others that are going through the same issues.

Lisa F

Dec 12, 2023
Hi @rhondo62 and welcome. I’m quite new here too but rest assured this is a wonderful community full of people with great advice and willing ears to listen. I have a similar situation, my 85 yo dad who lives with me and I’m his primary caregiver dementia and my mum who lives 280 miles away lost her eyesight and has had 4 hospital admissions in 12 months for COPD. I understand how overwhelming it can be to feel the responsibility of making sure both parents are ok and how difficult it is to tear yourself in 2 making sure they both have what they need. The best advice I can offer is to reach out for help, don’t try and do it all alone, and make time for yourself too. It can be exhausting doing everything for others 24/7 x

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mecooo