hello to you all

adele80

Aug 28, 2013
hello everyone
i havent been on for a few days...... its been busy in general, as i am sure you all understand. So dad was over at the weekend... (with mum aswell ha ha ha).. we had a nice chilled bank holiday monday, he is doing ok... dealing with it in his own way, i imagine being his daughter i do the same.. go quiet, mull it around it the old head.. again and again. Hes keeping super busy..... and actually showing really good signs. today is a great day.... the lady i have spoken to to numerous times about dad and his condition has called my mum..... im not sure if mum feels more understanding about alzheimers but she called to tell me .. so ill take that as a yes. the lady did as she said she would.. brilliant care of duty. im a little more further ahead than mum... and i think my brother..ive spoke to the help line, read and brought the books... used the internet as a major tool... cried.... been fine and understood it.. and cried a little more.... i think its the whole fact that i am a person who generally controls whats coming... my business depends on it everyday... but with Alzheimers.... i can't... i haven't a clue what the future holds let alone the next month or week. very difficult when i can fix almost everything and anything.

:eek::)........ tomorrow is always another day altogether !!

starryuk

Nov 8, 2012
i haven't a clue what the future holds let alone the next month or week. very difficult when i can fix almost everything and anything.

Hello Adele, I'm sorry to hear about your dad. I know what you mean about the future, it is very difficult not knowing for sure how things will develop.

Personally, like you, I try to keep myself informed, learn from the experience of others on TP and just hope for the best. So many relatives seem to remain in denial for a long time don't they?

I think we just have to go with the flow, deal with today's problems and try not to worry about future problems until they happen. You seem to be making a good start.