Hello there !

J&S

Nov 22, 2023
Hi I have recently been diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer’s and am looking to contact and talk to people with similar circumstances. I am 62 years old and very active with hobbies and volunteering . I feel it would help to talk to people to understand everything and how it effects someone like myself and family and friends

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
Welcome to the forum @J&S

I’m sure you’ll find plenty of understanding here so do have a look around at the other posts. There’s plenty of shared experience here from both people with dementia and those who care for them.

Gosling

Volunteer Host
Aug 2, 2022
South West UK
Welcome from me too @J&S to this friendly and supportive forum,
This is a great space for sound advice, empathy, and understanding, so do have a good look around the forums and join in any conversations you feel of interest.

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
Hi @J&S
welcome! I would suggest you start a thread under the section ‘ I have dementia’ and some of our members who have dementia may well respond. I’m glad you’ve found us as we all ’get it’ here.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Welcome from me too @J&S.

I’m sorry to read about your diagnosis. It’s really good that you’ve found this forum as you will certainly find others who understand what you’re going through. As already suggested it might be an idea to have a look around at this area of the forum -