Hello newbie - dilemma help

Veggiepatch

Dec 20, 2023
Sorry for being factual as i don’t cope well when people are showing kindness or sympathy towards me.

Im always anxious using web forums so to keep identity private I've used they/them/partner instead of mum/dad/wife/husband etc.

One of my parents is very poorly, unable to write, doesn’t always know what’s happening. Care home mgr thinks we will have them for Christmas/NY but lucky if they see January out.

I’ve written cards on their behalf to relatives n friends explaining they are too poorly to write them and to soften the blow by young nephew/niece has scribbled their name on each card to ‘help write them’.

My dilemma is cards to my sibling, their family and my partner.

Do I write the card and ‘scribble’ my parents name explaining I got them to sign the card before they became too unwell and live a lie, write them and I sign them on their behalf or, not write them at all.

Trouble is my sibling and family see our parent several times a week.

What’s your thoughts.

Thank you

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Either don't send them or write in block capitals <CHRISTMAS MESSAGE> FROM XXXXX

Gosling

Volunteer Host
Aug 2, 2022
South West UK
Firstly, welcome to this friendly and supportive forum. I'm sure you will find it useful for advice and information.
I used to write them on Mum's behalf to those she sent Christmas cards to, and there fore I would do the same for sibling and family. Or as has been suggested, don't send at all.

Veggiepatch

Dec 20, 2023
Hi,

Thank you for your guidance and thoughts.

I’ve just spoken to the mgr of the care home, she came up with the idea of doing a finger dab using finger paints and placing their digit finger on the card to make a little heart shape. This way they have ‘signed’ the card and are involved.

The care home are arranging this tomorrow for me when I’ll be in visiting.

Thank you for your support and reassuring me this is a friendly support network - I’ve been bullied in my old job on social media so was a little reluctant to join today.

😊