Hello everyone

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
It's what the site is about, I've posted for something over 10 years in and I'm still posting, as a now former carer, first 10 years are the worst,
I found after that you get used to it, when the going gets tough the tough get going.
Always someone here to help. K

CappyQueen

Feb 5, 2024
It's what the site is about, I've posted for something over 10 years in and I'm still posting, as a now former carer, first 10 years are the worst,
I found after that you get used to it, when the going gets tough the tough get going.
Always someone here to help. K
It’s so exhausting! but hey hoe I got this

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Always someone here to listen, read or whatever, as I've said before first 10 years are the worst. K

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thanks Kevin, life is so hard at the moment, but yes Im going to keep on keeping on

There is no harm asking for help @CappyQueen Have you had a carers assessment? Are you getting the benefits you are entitled to?

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Welcome to the forum @CappyQueen.

Living with dementia in your life isn’t easy. I’m glad you’ve found this forum and hope that your find the support and understanding you find here makes it all a little better.

JoannePat

Jan 24, 2019
Hey @CappyQueen, it is exhausting and can be upsetting and rewarding all at the same time!

Come here for a rant or advice. Sometimes I just find myself reading through others posts and realising that we really are all in this together, even though dementia affects families in so many different ways, we can all support each other in the same way, just by being here.

Hugs Jxx

Gosling

Volunteer Host
Aug 2, 2022
South West UK
Hello @PoshPublisher and welcome to this friendly and supportive forum. There is a lot of shared experience of dementia to be found here.
Do have a good look around the forums, and ask any particular questions you may like to. Members really do want to help, and you will always find understanding, support, and a listening ear here.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janet1980