Hearing voices

gorjen

Jul 6, 2012
Abruzzo Italy
Hello all
My hubby is now seeing and hearing voices, and he keeps climbing the fence at night... the first night he thought I was someone trying to hurt him and the second time (last night) , the dogs woke me up and he was no where to be seem I got in the car and luckily he was in the bushes he had just fallen
Can you please tell me what I can do to try and stop this from happening again... He already has sleeping pills, but sometimes he fights the tiredness and in the end he is so tired he seems to hear and see people more...it may be the weather it's very hot here at the moment..............

Advise would be much appreciated
Thank you
Jean

rajahh

Aug 29, 2008
Hertfordshire
All I can offer really is that you go to your doctor. You cannot go on like this, You need some help from someone.

I see you are in Italy, so do not know if there is help through social workers or psychiatric services, but you should start with your GP

Jeannette

bidofnarm

Aug 1, 2013
Help.

Is he sleeping during the day? Does he do any exercise during the day? He may have a water infection so I would get the doctor to see him?

gorjen

Jul 6, 2012
Abruzzo Italy
Hello All
Thank you for replies, have been to the Dr. and hubby had blood test for type 2 diabetes, just waiting for results, but I have started changing his diet as the Dr. suggested and yes he does pee a lot, hope to get results next week....
He does sleep through the day, but I try not to let him sleep too long other wise he won't sleep at night, we do walk a lot with the dogs, we go to the beech while the weather is good, and I try to involve him in the gardening but he doesn't seem that interested in that, my friend did suggest getting puzzles which I will do today
We bought some pigs in the hope that he would feed them, he does sometimes
We have been to psychiatrist, and she prescribed some medication but that seemed to make it all worse I told my Dr. and he told me to stop them I have seen a little improvement but not a lot, but I don't suppose I won't now, it seem that the alzheimer has been very rapid this year, and he has only got diagnosed 3 years ago

On a happier note, he did sleep for a good 8 hours last night and no wondering..........

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
Can you lock the doors and remove the keys? Keep them somewhere out of his reach - at least he'd be contained in the house

Butter

Jan 19, 2012
NeverNeverLand
There are people on this forum who are familiar with hallucinations and delusions - and the fear they create in the sufferer. I know there are medications specifically for treating this - I wonder if that is your way forward.

bidofnarm

Aug 1, 2013
I am glad he had a better night. Good luck and fingers crossed that he continues too sleep better.