Head banging couple of weeks!

BarbD1958

May 29, 2024
Well most evenings this week i couldn’t decide if I should sit down and laugh my head off or bang my head on a brick wall.
my older brother lives a 5 hour drive from me and 3 hours from his daughter, he has vascular dementia, he’s always been a cantankerous devil but I love him, I became joint LPA in 2022 when his wife died. His dementia until January this year was manageable.In January after an illness he went downhill rapidly,
me. Let me get you some care
bruv. No I can cope
April every day
me. dont you fancy some nice ladies coming to help you?
bruv. No not unless they fancy a date (yeah right, he’s stick thin & smelly)
End May
me. You really need a bit of help, I’ve called SS to see what’s on offer
bruv. No I can cope (yeah right, that’s why we’ve just spent two days turfing your stinky house out)
SS.. no cant visit, he says no help needed, you have to realise we arent all clean freaks
Mid June
me. that was a nasty fall you had landing your boney bum on the concrete & banging your head, let me get some help, wish I could have a cleaner & someone to ‘ping‘ a dinner for me.
bruv. What fall? No I can cook for myself.. crickey my bum hurts I can barely walk, the dogs wee’d on my trousers.
next day & every day.
me. hows your head and bum?
bruv. Why? No I didn’t fall, sometimes I think you are going mad woman.. dog keeps weeing on me.
me. Ok I’ll send you some pants to stop that happening. Can I get you some help?
bruv. No, why have you sent me all these baby pants? no I told you it’s the dog, she even wets my bed.
End of June
after a visit to him by his daughter I immediately arranged an emergency SS visit as he was in such a mess, they were relieved he had agreed to have a visit just to get me off their backs.

bruv to pretty lady from SS. No I haven’t wet my bed since I was 4, oh the chairs are all wet because I spilt my tea..

niece. Well that’s good dad, you’ve got 3 half hour visits a day to change your bed, give you your pills , ping your meals.
bruv.. yeah and if that sister of mine had done this when I asked her in January I wouldn’t be in this mess.

excuse me while I go and find a stick to beat myself until my maniacal laughter stops!

sorry for the long post, i‘m guessing you all know how it goes.…

when he’s not pouring water down himself at the sink 😉 the dog is still weeing on him, usually after he’s taken ‘these bloody nappies’ off

care home visiting this weekend 😀

Banjomansmate

Jan 13, 2019
Dorset
All you can do is your best even though it feels you are bashing your head against a brick wall. Well done for sticking at it!

BarbD1958

May 29, 2024
Your brother is lucky to have you in his corner @BarbD1958 even if he does not realise it.
Thanks, some days when he’s more lucid and having a nice day he says thank you, I don’t need thanks though, he’s my big brother. I just find it frustratingly funny how he can turn on a sixpence 😁

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
Thanks, some days when he’s more lucid and having a nice day he says thank you, I don’t need thanks though, he’s my big brother. I just find it frustratingly funny how he can turn on a sixpence 😁
Turning on a sixpence is a dementia special, hard to deal with at times. It is good though that you know that your big brother does appreciate you sometimes.

Recent Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gbwarren86