Happier days for a while.

Casbow

Sep 3, 2013
Colchester
I just wanted to post some good news for a change. My husband was so bad 2-3 weeks ago that I ended up with the doctor visiting. After examining him for chest infections and a few other things the doctor decided to put my husbands quetiapine up to 3 a day. They were originally prescribed 1 a day to try to stop the voices in his head which made his life a misery and therefore mine very difficult. That was increased to 2 a day and now 3. The difference has been amazing. He now has showers and washes and gets dressed. All with my help and guidance of course but totally different to 2 weeks ago when I could hardly get near him. So now we have peaceful days evenings and nights. The only thing that isn't good is if we have a visitor. It could be the window cleaner, a friend or family. My husband will not sit or even stay in the same room and is usually very rude to them. It seems as long as its just the two of us thats fine. But this is the price we pay for a peaceful life and to be honest we do not get visitors so often now anyway. Now that the voices have gone or have become nicer he is so much more settled. He still paces all day but more calmly and is busy with his "work" which is rolling magazines and polishing bits of metal. While on here can I say that I have a friend who private messages me but no matter what I do my messages don't go to her.So if you know its you ,I'm sorry but I have written another one tonight and I don't think its gone. Love to all.xxxxxx

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland
I just wanted to post some good news for a change. My husband was so bad 2-3 weeks ago that I ended up with the doctor visiting. After examining him for chest infections and a few other things the doctor decided to put my husbands quetiapine up to 3 a day. They were originally prescribed 1 a day to try to stop the voices in his head which made his life a misery and therefore mine very difficult. That was increased to 2 a day and now 3. The difference has been amazing. He now has showers and washes and gets dressed. All with my help and guidance of course but totally different to 2 weeks ago when I could hardly get near him. So now we have peaceful days evenings and nights. The only thing that isn't good is if we have a visitor. It could be the window cleaner, a friend or family. My husband will not sit or even stay in the same room and is usually very rude to them. It seems as long as its just the two of us thats fine. But this is the price we pay for a peaceful life and to be honest we do not get visitors so often now anyway. Now that the voices have gone or have become nicer he is so much more settled. He still paces all day but more calmly and is busy with his "work" which is rolling magazines and polishing bits of metal. While on here can I say that I have a friend who private messages me but no matter what I do my messages don't go to her.So if you know its you ,I'm sorry but I have written another one tonight and I don't think its gone. Love to all.xxxxxx

Dear Casbow,

Am so happy that the meds are working.

Loads of hugs,

Aisling xxxxx