Had to laugh (after the event)

spandit

Feb 11, 2020
My father called out at 1.30am this morning. We went in to find him sitting on his bed, with his soaking wet pyjama bottoms next to him. The bathroom floor was soaked in urine. He denied it was anything to do with him - it was like that when he found it. It's bad enough we obviously have an intruder breaking in just to wee on the floor, but the fact he chooses to wee all over his pyjamas too is beyond the pale.

It wasn't that funny this morning, nor at 5.45am when we heard another thud as he landed.

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
I know I shouldn't laugh but you've reminded me of the day I got to my dad's to find the carpet and dad soaking - but it wasn't him - a chap had just walked through the lounge with a watering can!!!

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
Once when I arrived to visit mum in her CH, one of the carers told me, somewhat amused, that there was a very large ... bowel movement... (not the term she used!) in the middle of the floor when they went into mum that morning but mum denied all knowledge of it. I went up to mum's room and during the course of the conversation I mentioned this grim discovery. 'I know!' mum told me, 'But it was absolutely huge so it couldn't have been me...'

Rosettastone57

Oct 27, 2016
Once when I arrived to visit mum in her CH, one of the carers told me, somewhat amused, that there was a very large ... bowel movement... (not the term she used!) in the middle of the floor when they went into mum that morning but mum denied all knowledge of it. I went up to mum's room and during the course of the conversation I mentioned this grim discovery. 'I know!' mum told me, 'But it was absolutely huge so it couldn't have been me...'
This did make me laugh....reminded me of my mother in law who always blamed the carers for the odd lump of faeces on the bathroom floor

jane64

Mar 16, 2021
My dad does this also wees all over the floor but it wasnt him . This morning at 4.30 i herd him in the kitchen when i asked him what he was doing he said weeing in the rubbish bin.

Lynmax

Nov 1, 2016
I find a lot of us using gallows humour to deal with bodily functions!

Once when my mum was in a cycle of constipation/diarrhoea, my brother visited and found an enormous pile of poo on her bedroom floor. My sister and I then received a WhatsApp message telling us that he had made up the bed in the spare room for mum to sleep in that night and put a Tupperware box over the poo for my sister to clean up the following day! She went mad in a long stream of follow up messages especially when she went round in the morning and saw a plastic box on the floor. The joke was on her though as of course my brother had cleaned up but his evil sense of humour made him wind her up by leaving a box with no mess underneath!

It’s just as well that we three get on so well and are constantly fooling around!

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
I find a lot of us using gallows humour to deal with bodily functions!

Once when my mum was in a cycle of constipation/diarrhoea, my brother visited and found an enormous pile of poo on her bedroom floor. My sister and I then received a WhatsApp message telling us that he had made up the bed in the spare room for mum to sleep in that night and put a Tupperware box over the poo for my sister to clean up the following day! She went mad in a long stream of follow up messages especially when she went round in the morning and saw a plastic box on the floor. The joke was on her though as of course my brother had cleaned up but his evil sense of humour made him wind her up by leaving a box with no mess underneath!

It’s just as well that we three get on so well and are constantly fooling around!
i was waiting for you to say that it had got fake poo and left that under the box for her to find.

spandit

Feb 11, 2020
Today he was asking me if adding water to the central heating system would help him to go to the toilet, he was convinced there was something wrong with the "system". Considering he's just drunk 2 pints of squash, I suspect he was severely dehydrated.

Bettysue

Mar 21, 2020
We have to laugh. My funniest episode was when my partner went through a phase of hiding his used incontinence pads in strange places. One day I had searched everywhere and was very puzzled. I happened to look out the sitting room window. There it was lying on the front path. He had opened the bedroom window and thrown it out!

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
I remember the time when mum had a fixation on tissues. She would fold them up really carefully and put them in her pockets, up her sleeves, down her bra but mostly - in her handbag. It was stuffed so full of tissues she had difficulty closing it. It wasnt just tissues, either - toilet paper and paper napkins went in there too.

One day we went to a a very nice cafe for coffee and cake. Afterwards she said magnanimously "Ill pay today" (she had no money on her), opened her nearly exploding hand bag and a used pad fell out onto the table............

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Try reading my old thread 'The Lighter Side Of Alzheimers'. Should the poor carer take Statins or Donepezil? I heard dad challenge the carer just as I was on my way out to rehearsal. I'm sorry but I had to giggle because I thought whatever next and will these medicines do to a healthy person.

MaNaAk