Foresight

Tigers15

Oct 21, 2012
Some people just have no tact or empathy or anything else. Go tell these people who suggest that you should start a relationship with someone else to mind their own business. Doesn't say much about their moral ethics, does it?

Whilst there is breath, there is life. Just because our loved ones have had their brain messed with, doesn't mean we should mess with their heart.

seaurchin

Oct 24, 2009
Hi, I wouldn't swap a minute with my husband, whether well or with dementia. He's a star despite all the problems this illness brings and the bone tired weariness this illness brings to me as a carer xxxx

Margaret938

Hello Lyn,
How are you? I have been thinking about you a lot and wondering how Pete is? I did not have a good day today, as you probably saw if you read my thread. Every day is a challenge, and we can only hope for a silver lining tomorrow.

Hello Seaurchin
I have just been reading your post on Lyn's thread and I could have cried for you, the love for your husband is so evident in your post. I read your profile and threads and am so sorry to notice how young you both are. How are you doing? and how is hour husband? what is is name?
Love Margaret x

Boy Albie

Jun 23, 2013
Norfolk
Hello, Lyn

I have been very moved by your comments - and all the replies, too - as I now find myself at the crossroads of my life. I am in a difficult position; I know which way I want to go, but all my friends - and maybe many on the wonderful forum - are advising me to retreat in eh opposite direction.

If you have been following my posts, you will have noticed I met a lovely lady way back in August of last year, who put the sparkle back into my eyes and a big smile on my face. 'Marquita' (not her real name) made me feel young again - I'm 72, by the way, and she is 63 - and we became so very, very close to each other right from day one... until paranoid ideation and dementia began to take over.

At the time of our first meeting she told me she was a 'manic depressive' - but I thought her so gorgeous (the only word I can think of to describe her) that it just didn't matter to me. And when I discovered her other 'illnesses' they didn't matter either. Even if she had told me about them it would have made no difference. I wanted to be with her forever, and she felt the same way about me.... until three months ago.

Marquita went into hospital of her own free will but, once there, had to be sectioned. For weeks I couldn't find anything out as she signed a form. But did I love her the less for that? NO! I missed her terribly, of course, but I always felt the same about her. I wouldn't have missed out brief relationship for anything. We became engaged on Valentine's Day then, three months later, she was gone it seems. But, if I could have my time all over again it would be exactly the same.

Now, it seems she wants to know me again, though I doubt it will ever be the same for her. I will do anything for her, and I think she knows that as I have managed to speak to her by mobile. Next week I have a meeting at the hospital, so I shall know more I hope.

What I will always treasure most are my memories of all the lovely times we had together - although I always had to remind her what we'd done and where we'd been. No one can take those away from me, as they are so precious to me.

Thank you for your post, as it made me realise how I, too, feel just the same.

My thoughts are with you.

Boy Albie xx

seaurchin

Oct 24, 2009
Hello Margaret, I don't want to interrupt someone else's post but my husband is Ian. I don't dwell on the past or think about the future anymore now but live in the present. I just focus on making the best of what we have now. Kindest wishes to you all, sea x

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Hello Lyn,
How are you? I have been thinking about you a lot and wondering how Pete is? I did not have a good day today, as you probably saw if you read my thread. Every day is a challenge, and we can only hope for a silver lining tomorrow.

Hello Seaurchin
I have just been reading your post on Lyn's thread and I could have cried for you, the love for your husband is so evident in your post. I read your profile and threads and am so sorry to notice how young you both are. How are you doing? and how is hour husband? what is is name?
Love Margaret x

Hi MJargaret

Sorry your visit was not good-I'm going to read your thread in a minute. Pete has been out of sorts since Monday I'm afraid. I knew it was constipation again (I'm used to the signs now) I asked the carers if P could have more of his constipation medicine-they said 'what medication':( When P left the MHU they didn't write a repeat prescription so the carers thought he was on a course, but he has to take the meds all of the time. 3x magnesium hydro and senna tablets. Not the CH's fault but I was furious with the hospital as when they told me P needed 24 hour care they cited the fact that his constipation was out of control and it would need controlling by professionals:mad:

So prescription ordered and used-I hope it's not too late because it does lead to infections on his chest (he suffers from asthma and COPD)

Take care Lyn T