Finding support

miri4705

May 2, 2024
My mom has had signs of memory loss but several months ago she had a health issue that really tripped the lever. We have moved her to an assisted living with also the loss of a car. I realize all of this is a lot for a person. However the angry texts, voice mails, calling police, and just being untrustful has been so difficult. We are taking her things, car, money, etc. It has been almost 3 months and she is still going strong. (to the point I have blocked her and visit only when I have to) Please tell me she adjusts. Could she be mean and speak hateful things for the rest of her days? I want so much for her to be happy and truly surrender her memory issues. Does that happen????

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Nothing helpful to say other than hello and welcome from me and I'm sure all of us on here, you have my sympathy at what sounds like a very hard time for you, both. K

nita

Dec 30, 2011
Essex
Has she been checked for a urinary tract infection (UTI)? This can make a person act in strange paranoid type ways - it did my Mum. However, it can also be a phase for people with dementia. Worth checking a urine sample though.

Jools1402

Jan 13, 2024
Agree with @nita . Have you spoken to the warden / manager at the assisted living facility to see what their "take" of your Mum is? If it is the same sort of assisted flat that my mum had then they may feel that there may not be enough support available for her there. On the other hand she may be behaving perfectly well with other people and just "picking" on you - sorry. And your Mum will never surrender to her memory issues because she doesn't think there is anything wrong with her. Hopefully the nastiness is just a phase,