Finally felt strong enough to see my mum again

Donbon79

May 26, 2011
Blackpool, Lancashire
I haven't had any direct contact with my mum for over 2 years but I finally felt that it was time to make contact with her again and felt strong enough to deal with it. So I did.

It went ok. There was no screaming and shouting, no insults although she did mutter that I'd gotten fat but I don't hold that against her as I have put weight since she last saw me.

I'm hoping that this is the start of some sort of decent relationship now. Going to go again on Wednesday and take my almost 4 year old who she's not seen since she was 18 months. We'll see how it goes.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
That sounds like very good news!

Well done.

I hope your future visits go well. x

lilysmybabypup

May 21, 2012
Sydney, Australia
I've been trying to catch up on your situation, such a sad state of affairs. I'm sorry you've had to go through such an awful series of events.

It's wonderful to hear the door has been opened to contact again. I really hope it continues and develops so your family can feel whole again. This condition is truly unfair.

Stephanie, xxx

kingmidas1962

Jun 10, 2012
South Gloucs
You must have incredible inner strength to go through with this after you've been through so much with your mum. I too hope that this leads to a more stable relationship between you and I hope you don't ever regret offering the olive branch.

It's a good thing you've done - hugs to you x