feelings of being followed

mikeb2

May 17, 2022
I am glad still abled to function ie going shopping and work though its getting tough- though I getting the feeling of being followed by something- its get worse when especially using lifts at work and in a store- I get into the lift the door shuts and a little while it opens again for no reason it only happens to me but not ny colleagues etc- am I now losing it or something strange going on-

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
I am glad still abled to function ie going shopping and work though its getting tough- though I getting the feeling of being followed by something- its get worse when especially using lifts at work and in a store- I get into the lift the door shuts and a little while it opens again for no reason it only happens to me but not ny colleagues etc- am I now losing it or something strange going on-
Hello @mikeb2 It’s good that you are still able to function as it keeps you independent. I am sorry that you have feelings of being followed. I am wondering if this is happening when you are in crowded places and are just more aware of people around you and it’s making you feel anxious. It might be useful to have a chat with your GP about how you feel.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello @mikeb2.

What you describe must be very worrying. I wouldn`t like it either.

It does sound like a level of anxiety and I hope your doctor will be able to help. Don`t hesitate to ask them for help. There may be some medication which might ease your symptoms.

mikeb2

May 17, 2022
speaking for My husband now he has Suffering from LBD and they put it down to that, my husband not at all anxious when he speaks of it - its something that he become aware of it, he often laughs and ask the invisible person/thing to come in.when the door reopens. He does have at times sees things which again don't bothers him. my OH a really resilient person. though to end he speech is getting so poor now and I be sadden when he will stop speaking due to the difficulties he having - guess this is normal for LBD sufferers ?

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
speaking for My husband now he has Suffering from LBD and they put it down to that, my husband not at all anxious when he speaks of it - its something that he become aware of it, he often laughs and ask the invisible person/thing to come in.when the door reopens. He does have at times sees things which again don't bothers him. my OH a really resilient person. though to end he speech is getting so poor now and I be sadden when he will stop speaking due to the difficulties he having - guess this is normal for LBD sufferers ?
Hello @mikeb2 ’s partner. Yes some of what you describe can be down to LBD. My husband also occasionally sees or hears things that are not there but it does not annoy him.
My husband does not have any problems with his speech so I cannot advise on that apart from suggesting that you could ask for a referral to the SALT (speech and language therapy) team through your GP.

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
Please see my latest blog The Shadow man xx

mikeb2

May 17, 2022
Please see my latest blog "The Shadow Man "
interesting read Norrms- my husband suffered has had these feelings a long while while suffering from PTSD, so hallucinations do not bother him now ,years ago while suffering from PTSD he stated it was like hell on earth - smell . hearing etc memories, now with his illness he seems to be so calm , mine you what do seems so strange others have witness these strange events like the lift doors opening- so something maybe going on,