Father has vascular dementia.

Squeezebox21

Feb 19, 2024
Hi everyone,
My father has recently gone into a care home,I don't have LPA,he has direct debits going out of his account each month,1 is for a telephone company that I'm having problems with, I've phoned them to cancel but as I don't have LPA they won't cancel, I've sent them 2 emails but no reply yet.
I told them that he's not living there and it's pointless paying for something he's not using.
Hope someone has any ideas as what time can do.

Paul

NewbyT

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 18, 2023
Hello and welcome to Dementia Support Forum @Paulgriff1

You may want to post your question in the 'Legal and financial issues' forum area here:
I hope you find the support and advice you're looking for :)

northumbrian_k

Volunteer Host
Mar 2, 2017
Newcastle
Hi @Paulgriff1 and welcome to the Forum. You will find this to be a helpful and friendly community of people who have experience of many aspects of dementia. You can ask questions, join in with conversations, share with people who truly understand and let off steam when you need to.

I don't have any direct experience of the issue you have raised but am aware that dealing with utilities companies without (or even with) LPA can be difficult. There may be other members who can give you advice based on their experience.

SAP

Feb 18, 2017
Hello @Paulgriff1 , this issue comes up so many times and is very frustrating. You could apply for deputyship through the Court of Protection but that takes quite a while to sort. I wonder if the following link maybe useful.