Family

Hamster Wheel

Apr 20, 2017
Derbyshire
Do you think they feel any guilt? Or feel anything at all?
Have a darling sibling and their spouse who, at the moment I would gladly throttle (to be honest I could beat them to a bloody pulp) and it leaves me and mine thinking is it us at fault? Do they think 'oh we lead busy lives, they wanted to look after him let's leave them to it'.??? Bless him, Dad 's no trouble, it's just the Groundhog Day syndrome that wears us down, that and giving up our home to move into his. I know we have it much easier than others on here, I'm not complaining, I know it's going to get worse and I salute you all, it's a truly cruel disease and so hard on the careers.
We are having annual hol (near you cragmaid, love it here) leaving them to take Dad away (that is a another long story). They knew we were going today but have not heard anything from them for 12 days so emailed sibling Thursday (copied evil spouse in on it) asking to check house secured, bin emptied, tips on managing Dad - attached the downloaded careers tips from here, which I think we all find useful and finished email hoping they have a nice holiday and a thank you for having him. Heard Nothing from beloved, but Siblings spouse (or as we fondly think of as, Hellhound/a community matron) wrote that they know all about dementia cos some patients have it, also says as they have taken dad away 4x's before and have him a day every fortnight :confused: knows all about his condition. Also says as they have a close relative who is bipolar so knows all about handling people with mental illness!:rolleyes: I couldn't make it up! Nb he has Been away with them twice in 3 years and 3 weeks can go by without so much as a quick phone call. [SUP][/SUP]
You won't believe it but I've been very controlled in my rant ;)
Now off to the Arts festival to find a gift of lovingly craftered-from-driftwood-bludgeon for the Hellhound :D:D:D:D
Anyone else want one?:p

HillyBilly

Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
Good to hear from you OldDog99.

Well done on "keeping on" and congratulations on the newest addition to the family.

I would definitely ask for the jewellery to be returned to you before that too gets hawked.

I hope your husband recovers swiftly from the pneumonia and that his surgery comes through soon.

You do have a lot on your plate, big hug x

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Olddog99, check your phone settings. Mine has a "Do not disturb" feature which is brilliant! I can set that at night, so that only numbers I choose can get through when that feature is activated. For example, when "Do not disturb" is activated, my mum, my dau or my son in law will get through if they phone twice within fifteen minutes. So, they know that if they need me during the night, to phone, hang up and immediately phone again. Anybody else phoning will just show as a missed call. It's very handy, because it means I don't have to turn the phone off.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ering