Families 'misled' over care fees

netsmurfit

Account Closed
Mar 24, 2009
Thanks Mick.

It is nice to be complimented on obtaining NHS CC for mum. It really did need a lot of hard work but psychologically it was well worth the effort.

It is now over a year since mum got her confirmation of CC, and going on for three years since the battle began. I really do appreciate the support I received at that time from other posters on TP and from the Alzheimer’s Society.

It really is encouraging to read that new members have already obtained NHS CC for their relations. It suggests that the groundwork put in by organisations like AS, and people like my MP and Carers who posted on TP in previous years, did persuade Government to at least make the system a little easier for Carers to master and obtain NHS CC for people with AD.

I am sure there is a long way to go, and there is still a need for better information.

In my book, anyone who can help is more than welcome to contribute his or her knowledge.

Best wishes

Clive

Thank you clive

unfortunately i did not win my mothers case due to any information from A/S, But thats not to say A/S wouldnt have helped as i'm sure they would have had i chose that avenue

fortunately i was helped elswhere along with my own knowledge of the law we gained Continuing Care for my mother. I/we have been trying to share that information On here talking point over the last 3/4 weeks with members who have posted with a question concerning Continuing care

I'm sure you are aware of the reception we encountered but thats history we move on, our MarkEdge Has been doing a fine job bringing solid information to the members here at talking point

And i am sure he will continue to help many others as will I if at all possible,If we can help any member to success gaining fully funded care for a relative, that is our reward your success

It is not an easy journey but it is a worthwhile journey to take for justice

Kind Regards
Mick

MarkEdge

Mar 24, 2009
London
However, I will complete the feedback form as mentioned by Jennifer and see if things are changed within a reasonable timeframe.

Hi all

I've received an email back from the Alzheimer's Society publications team which says, in part: "Our key document in this area, When does the NHS pay for care?, is undergoing a major update at the moment so your email is very timely. We hope to publish the new version of the booklet next month."

Maybe one of the moderators/administrators could watch out for this and post a thread when this becomes available?

Mark