End of life

Christy21

Oct 9, 2016
I’m sure my wife with PCA is at this stage but I read a post that said 12 months!
Things are deteriorating quickly and I saw that part of the brain which controls appetite and thirst atrophies with dementia; she now refuses all food.
The actual dying looks difficult and I wish it could be speeded up to avoid pain and discomfort.
My prayer is one morning she won’t wake up.
This may sound callous but after 12 years, I’m worn out.
I do get support.

SkyeD

Oct 3, 2022
Hi @Christy21 , sorry to hear that you're going through this with your lovely wife. It is so difficult, isn't it?

Please don't feel that you sound callous - I think many of us have prayed for the end to come sooner rather than later.

It's good to hear that you get support. The members of this forum are a lovely, caring, and supportive bunch too, so please keep posting.
S x

Christy21

Oct 9, 2016
Hi @Christy21 , sorry to hear that you're going through this with your lovely wife. It is so difficult, isn't it?

Please don't feel that you sound callous - I think many of us have prayed for the end to come sooner rather than later.

It's good to hear that you get support. The members of this forum are a lovely, caring, and supportive bunch too, so please keep posting.
S x
Thanks for your thoughts. It’s hard to know if it’s weeks or months now.
She can’t last not eating anything. This is new.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm so sorry to hear about your wife's situation. It must be so hard for you.

Wishing you strength and wishing your wife peace.