Enabling Care Priorities Document

Mark of Balham

Dec 4, 2016
The sad time has come. My Mum is now in a care home. It is one I know well as I volunteer assistance at times.
I have been presented with a document entitled "Enabling Care Priorities". It is a common form designed to assist staff provide the best care for residents.
There is little help available on how to complete the form. I suspect it is felt that questions are self explanatory. However, having given staff background detail about my Mum, her likes etc I'm not clear if the form has more value.
Is anybody aware of useful guidance about things to focus on when completing this form?

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
I've never heard of that one. What does it ask? Is it a variation of the This Is Me form? It might just be a standard form they give everyone so fill it in to the best of your availability, even if you've given some of the info before. They are probably streamlining their admin.

Hill Man

Apr 10, 2016
Mid Wales
Yes its a standard "This is Me" type of form - if I have learned anything about the NHS and social care its "If its worth asking once, its worth asking for the same thing four or five times"