Early to bed !

Frederic H

Apr 1, 2015
Devon
My O/H cannot watch TV for long in the evening before switching off tv and saying it is time for bed and that I must come to.
Most nights it is usually. 9 pm but we have been as early as 7.30 pm I don't mind really which means I am up at 2 to 3am like now
I can hear some of you saying how lucky I am, may be but is this the norm?

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
My O/H cannot watch TV for long in the evening before switching off tv and saying it is time for bed and that I must come to.
Most nights it is usually. 9 pm but we have been as early as 7.30 pm I don't mind really which means I am up at 2 to 3am like now

We also go quite early to bed, round 9 but do watch a bit of TV in bedroom. My OH wakes frequently during the night so by 9 pm he is very tired . During evenings he also has a bit of sundowning. Like you , I am awake round the 3am mark but permanently tired with the interrupted sleep .

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
When John goes to bed early - most nights - I use the time to tidy up for the morning. Then I take my book up to bed which I prefer to most TV. If I sit in bed and read then John looks at his magazines until I put the lights out usually about 10/10.30. If I don't go upstairs then he falls asleep and is up in the early hours. It is a bit of a pain to be honest but solves the sleeping patterns.

jorgieporgie

Mar 2, 2016
YORKSHIRE

Hi Frederic,
Yes I am the same bed at 8 to half past because Mum will be up around 3.30. I am dreading summer nights and light mornings, do not fancy going to bed early then also it gets lighter earlier. Probably get even less sleep Zzzzzzzz

Risa

Apr 13, 2015
Essex
My Dad goes to bed at around 7pm as otherwise Mum keeps wanting to leave the house to search for her parents. She is on new medication so hopefully if it makes her calmer in the evenings he can stay up a bit later! At least Mum sleeps during the night and apart from a few occasions, doesn't tend to get up until Dad gets up around 8am.

Witzend

Aug 29, 2007
SW London
My mother was the same on my frequent 'sleepovers' - wanting to go to bed by about 8 or even earlier (she had hardly ever gone before about midnight pre dementia) and fretting like mad if I didn't go too. I would pretend to go at the same time and creep down again maybe half an hour later. But then I wasn't in the same room, let alone same bed - don't know how feasible this would be if you are.

rhubarbtree

Jan 7, 2015
North West
Wonder if this getting everyone into bed is a security thing. Up until a few months ago OH was like this. Locking up ridiculously early, shutting doors, turning lights off. He seems to have accepted I will (hopefully) secure the house and goes off to bed by himself, while I have a last look at TP. He takes ages to settle, getting in and out of bed to check things, I find it better to sit here until silence reigns.

OH also has less sense of the time. We came in from a lunch last week, I went off to watch TV and found him tucked up in bed at 6pm.

It is all very well going to bed a little early but it hits me when I am out for an evening and start nodding off.

1mindy

Jul 21, 2015
Shropshire
I can only sympathise with you all. I cannot begin to think what going to bed early is like.Since my oh got his own room about 6 weeks ago he goes to bed when he likes,I go up sort him out tuck him in say goodnight then have a nice evening to myself watching what I want on tv and doing as I please, bliss..