draft blog help

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
I was adding to my blog on TP and got called away so I created a draft

Now I have finished writing it and cant for the life of me find how to publish it

Could someone lead me by the hand in how to get it out of drafts
Thanks in advance

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
This is what the help section says:
Draft entries allow you to compose an entry in stages. To create a draft entry, create an entry as normal but before submitting the entry, find Publish Status in the Miscellaneous Options on the lower section of the entry creation page. This option defaults to Publish Now.

Change Publish Now to Draft and then save. Alternatively, you may press the Save Draft button at any time.

Your Pending and Draft entries are only viewable by you until they are published.

But I'm blowed if I can figure it :confused:

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
No, still can't figure it. All I can suggest is to copy and paste it into a new blog. I'll raise it with the techie people.

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
Thanks Sue
I thought I was going mad:D
I have done a few draft blogs in the distant past with no probs publishing them

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
I'm assuming this issue is not so much with saving the draft but publishing them subsequently? If that's the case, you hover to the right of the title and you'll see a pencil icon which you click (that's the edit). Then when you've finished doing whatever it is you're doing go down to the bottom and change the Publish option to Publish Now. Then press submit (or whatever it says).

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
I'm assuming this issue is not so much with saving the draft but publishing them subsequently? If that's the case, you hover to the right of the title and you'll see a pencil icon which you click (that's the edit). Then when you've finished doing whatever it is you're doing go down to the bottom and change the Publish option to Publish Now. Then press submit (or whatever it says).

Thanks Jennifer
Correct

the problem is I have no option to publish
I know their used to be
but its gone an done a disappearing act

O will go and have another look just in case Ive missed it

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
As per this screen shot

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-08-25 at 4.46.49 PM.png
    Screen shot 2012-08-25 at 4.46.49 PM.png
    72.4 KB · Views: 319

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
Jennifer
Ive just had another look
clicked on the edit
scrolled down
and no option to publish

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
OK I've just done it. If you click again on the pencil and scroll down you get the screen Jennifer has posted. I'm on my iPad so it might be different.

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
Thankyou Jennifer and Sue
A double click on the edit done the trickand brought up the publish options