Don't Give Up On Us Baby

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Just heard Radio 2 playing Don't Give Up On Us Baby and it brought back memories because nana loved that song. However I also thought of mum (2008), dad (2019) and Daisy the tortoise (2022) not to mention other issues.

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Just heard Radio 2 playing Don't Give Up On Us Baby and it brought back memories because nana loved that song. However I also thought of mum (2008), dad (2019) and Daisy the tortoise (2022) not to mention other issues.

MaNaAk
theres a song by billy ocean called "there will be sad songs" which is about being reminded about songs that make you feel sad. there is another one by him "when the going gets tough, the tough get going"[im a fan]. music is very emotive and reminder to all sorts of life events. i dont think you can think of one without the others being remembered as well. its nice to hear the good songs and i bet theres songs which make you smile at the memories they bring.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
theres a song by billy ocean called "there will be sad songs" which is about being reminded about songs that make you feel sad. there is another one by him "when the going gets tough, the tough get going"[im a fan]. music is very emotive and reminder to all sorts of life events. i dont think you can think of one without the others being remembered as well. its nice to hear the good songs and i bet theres songs which make you smile at the memories they bring.
Yes there are Being With You by Smokey Robinson when we first saw him singing this song on TOTP my youngest brother exclaimed "I thought it was a woman"!

MaNaAk

Bevvywevvy

Nov 22, 2023
Yes there are Being With You by Smokey Robinson when we first saw him singing this song on TOTP my youngest brother exclaimed "I thought it was a woman"!

MaNaAk
Hey! @ MaNaAk:
Phew! Your name is a bit of a mission to type haha! You're right about how evocative music can be. I heard "don't give up on us baby" too. It took me right back to the 70s when I was a whippersnapper in my 20s. My how I chortle/sigh when I remember being so carefree! TBF though, I was more into the likes of led zep, and status quo!

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Hey! @ MaNaAk:
Phew! Your name is a bit of a mission to type haha! You're right about how evocative music can be. I heard "don't give up on us baby" too. It took me right back to the 70s when I was a whippersnapper in my 20s. My how I chortle/sigh when I remember being so carefree! TBF though, I was more into the likes of led zep, and status quo!
Just listening to Hotel California and thinking of my eldest brother who loved this song.

MaNaAk