DIY

Angibec

Aug 30, 2016
Hi everyone. Just wanted to know if anyone else has dealt with this. We have recently had a full new bathroom done and there’s a couple of jobs that still need finishing off. My husband has decided to do it himself (white sealant) and has made a mess of it and he can’t see it. Obviously I’m not going to make a point of it, so any ideas how can I stop him doing other things as this is not the first time he has attempted something and not completed. Thank you.

Philbo

Feb 28, 2017
Kent
Hi everyone. Just wanted to know if anyone else has dealt with this. We have recently had a full new bathroom done and there’s a couple of jobs that still need finishing off. My husband has decided to do it himself (white sealant) and has made a mess of it and he can’t see it. Obviously I’m not going to make a point of it, so any ideas how can I stop him doing other things as this is not the first time he has attempted something and not completed. Thank you.

Could you try telling your husband that the original fitters are coming back to complete the work (and they wont be happy if someone else has been trying to do it - or variations on that theme)?

You may then be able to string it along by saying that they've been delayed etc.

Good luck
Phil

Angibec

Aug 30, 2016
Could you try telling your husband that the original fitters are coming back to complete the work (and they wont be happy if someone else has been trying to do it - or variations on that theme)?

You may then be able to string it along by saying that they've been delayed etc.

Good luck
Phil
Thanks Phil. That was part of the problem. He was watching them like a hawk and wasn’t happy at all with their work. It’s beautiful. He said he wouldn’t have them again but I’ll give it a go and see what happens. Thanks again.