Disclosure of information

Madusa

Hi I'm new to the forum but have read several discussions during the last few months whilst getting my MIL diagnosed. She is adament that there is nothing wrong with her apart from her dizzy spells (as she calls them). We have had the concerns discussion with the memory clinic which we did seperately from my MiL due to my husband getting emotional whilst talking in front of her, we have had the MRI scan and have been told when we go on the 6th Sept we should have a diagnosis.

We have just had a spanner thrown into the works, so to speak, by her GP sending a copy of what my husband and myself had said about my MiL behaviour to her. According to my SiL she is furious with us and we are fearful she will not go ahead with the appointment to get her results.

Has anyone else had this information disclosed to their relative or am I making a mountain out of a mole hill?:(

Madusa

I thought I was on my own, she wouldn't listen when we have told her about these things in the past and now is outraged that we have told the people who can help her. We are due to take her shopping tomorrow so waiting for the back lash when we arrive.

ASH74

Oh this is a horrible journey.....you can't do right for doing wrong! All I can say is hang in there....and don't take it personally.

Someone said to me it is a bit like taking your baby for vaccinations, you know they are going to scream but it is for their own protection and good in the long term.

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Madusa

Hopefully we can try and explain to her the report and why my husband kept crying during the process. I'm not holding out any hope though. Thanks for your response, its good to know we are not on our own x

ASH74

Your not on your own......FIL still claims he is fine!

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point