diagnosis

Debz5564

Mar 16, 2022
we was at the cebral function clinic on Thursday.
over 12 months ago they saw my hubby and diagnosed with Atypical dementia to be reassessed in 12 months.
so Thursday after lots of questions and tests they said they can now see clarity in what's happening. i have not really been concerned which dementia he has as my opinion was dementia is dementia and none of it is good but knowing they met on Friday and now have a diagnosis which they will bring us back to discuss i find i DO want to know now and it is driving me mad waiting for the appointment.
this seems to have been going on for such a long time, originally it was supposed to be mixed, vascular and alzeimers but because of his age they referred him to cebral function clinic, 2022 atypical and now ???? I'm starting to feel very confused.
i feel its taking over our lives and i find myself resenting him sometimes for missing what we had and grieving for the future i thought we had, do i really need to know which dementia he has ??
sorry i feel i am ranting

Oscar 10

Nov 3, 2023
over 12 months ago they saw my hubby and diagnosed with Atypical dementia to be reassessed in 12 months.
so Thursday after lots of questions and tests they said they can now see clarity in what's happening. i have not really been concerned which dementia he has as my opinion was dementia is dementia and none of it is good but knowing they met on Friday and now have a diagnosis which they will bring us back to discuss i find i DO want to know now and it is driving me mad waiting for the appointment.
this seems to have been going on for such a long time, originally it was supposed to be mixed, vascular and alzeimers but because of his age they referred him to cebral function clinic, 2022 atypical and now ???? I'm starting to feel very confused.
i feel its taking over our lives and i find myself resenting him sometimes for missing what we had and grieving for the future i thought we had, do i really need to know which dementia he has ??
Your not ranting I agree it doesn’t matter which form he has but it’s still life changing whatever name they give it my husband was diagnosed last April by the memory service and I haven’t come to terms with it yet and I’m not sure I will but it seems he has now been transferred back to our new doctor ( our old one closed) to deal with so this will be another long journey to get any support or help I’m so angry all the time every day is harder than the last x

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
To a certain extent you are right @Debz5564, dementia is dementia. But a diagnosis of the type of dementia can help the doctors to suggest suitable medication, this will not cure the dementia but may help with some of the symptoms.
It is understandable that you feel resentful of the situation that you find yourself in, it is so hard to realise what we are losing because of this awful disease. Keep posting on the forum, that is what we are here for to listen to peoples rants when things get too much. You will always find help and understanding here.

Debz5564

Mar 16, 2022
Your not ranting I agree it doesn’t matter which form he has but it’s still life changing whatever name they give it my husband was diagnosed last April by the memory service and I haven’t come to terms with it yet and I’m not sure I will but it seems he has now been transferred back to our new doctor ( our old one closed) to deal with so this will be another long journey to get any support or help I’m so angry all the time every day is harder than the last x
i totally agree, my hubby is happy all the time singing and dancing, i should be grateful he isnt freustated or angry but it is so annoying in serious situations. he has a bit of separation anxiety from me too and it drives me mad and i know it is going to get worse. he also insists on touching me or stroking my arm which drives me cuckoo
it so hard x

Chelseajude

Feb 10, 2021
Norwich
i totally agree, my hubby is happy all the time singing and dancing, i should be grateful he isnt freustated or angry but it is so annoying in serious situations. he has a bit of separation anxiety from me too and it drives me mad and i know it is going to get worse. he also insists on touching me or stroking my arm which drives me cuckoo
it so hard x
Oh my oh follows me round the house & wants to know where I am & what I’m doing all the time. He gets agitated if I am not around & wonders when I will be back. It’s so sad