Decreasing Phone Calls

faithy

Jul 31, 2013
Worcester, Massachusetts
My husband Tom usually calls me 5-15 times a day or night - this has decreased over the last two weeks - I received one at home ( I was at work) and one at work today, and that is it... I know I spoke about this in the past, but I wanted to start a new thread to see if this is common?

Thanks,
Faith:cool:

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Yes, it is common. My mother would phone me multiple times a day and it gradually tapered off. I'm not sure if it's because she became less anxious or if she was losing that ability. I'm assuming it was a combination of both.

angelface

Oct 8, 2011
london
We had this with my aunt. In her case, she finally forgot how to use the phone, and would ask the carer to press the numbers for her.

It was a great relief when the calls stopped because she was usually very distressed and confused.

faithy

Jul 31, 2013
Worcester, Massachusetts
Thanks!

Thanks for the response - I think it is a combination of both - Tom's usual caregiver is off today - he gets him up and puts him in bed at the NH - he was anxious today because someone new was putting him to bed -4 phone calls today, which actually is nothing now. When Bill (Tom's caregiver ) is here, I get 1 or maybe 2. I actually called him back on the way to the bank ( I do the deposits for work) and he said oh Kathy is here she is putting me to bed now (it was 1:00 PM), he usually goes in at 1:30 before I could answer he hung up on me!!! How dare he LOL:)...anyways, thanks guys:)