Dealing With Losses Since Dad

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Good morning everyone!

Sometimes the memories of dad still get to me and last weekend I had a sad anniversary but I feel sad because I did a good job as a carer and for my little tortoise.

MaNaAk

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
Good mroning @MaNaAk Your feelings of sadness are understandable but you can be proud of the way that you looked after your dad.

SkyeD

Oct 3, 2022
Big hug for you @MaNaAk .
My dad died in September 22 and my mum died this June - I've had a few sad moments this week, no idea why... I guess they just come and go, and no doubt will do for some years yet. xx

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Big hug for you @MaNaAk .
My dad died in September 22 and my mum died this June - I've had a few sad moments this week, no idea why... I guess they just come and go, and no doubt will do for some years yet. xx
Thankyou @SkyeD and I'm sorry to hear about your parents.

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Good morning everyone!

Sometimes the memories of dad still get to me and last weekend I had a sad anniversary but I feel sad because I did a good job as a carer and for my little tortoise.

MaNaAk
you cared for both very well that anniversaries are going to get to you. i thought about my mums birthday today. she died 19years ago and not really thought that much about it as i didnt actually like her and feel anything for her. i found out why today, do my blood sugars each morning and write the date down. thats all it took to remind me.
you did a good job and thats whats important. be proud.