Dad has gone

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
Dear Alexandra, such a difficult day for you. I am sad to hear about your Dad. You are one very brave and strong lady to keep going the way you have.

Jan x

Dazmum

Jul 10, 2011
Horsham, West Sussex
Alexandra, you are so brave keeping everything going for your daughter's party, it's a very strange feeling seeing the world all going about its business as normal, while you are feeling so bereft and shocked. I'm so sorry xxxx

Soobee

Aug 22, 2009
South
I am so sorry to hear your news.

I don't know how you've managed to do this party and can only admire your strength. I hope you will have the time and space after the party that you need in order to come to terms with it. Don't keep the news back longer than you need to. x

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
So sorry to hear your Dad has passed away. you have my fullest admiration for carrying on with the party- you must be exhausted, mentally and physically.

Be kind to yourself this evening.

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
I'm so sorry Alexandra. How you kept going yesterday shows the strength that you have. You've been a terrific carer and Daughter to your Dad; now you are being a tower of strength for your own Daughter. Your children have always come across as being terrific youngsters; they will comfort you and each other. How very, very sad.

My sincere condolences to you and your family.

Love from,

Lyn T XX

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm so sorry to hear about your dad Alexandra. What a difficult day for you in so many ways. Wishing you continued strength and sending my condolences.

susy

Jul 29, 2013
North East
I'm so sorry for your loss. You have been amazing by keeping going for your daughter. You really are selfless. Do be kind to yourself. Allow yourself a moment or two to indulge in grief. You will need to let it out at some point. I hope that although you will be sad because your dad isn't there, you will find some joy this Christmas. X

blandford516

May 16, 2012
So Sorry to hear about your dad . You are an amazing daughter and loved and cared for him . All the best I am thinking of you x

2197alexandra

Oct 28, 2013
Sileby
I have just had the hardest moment ever telling the children. I told them that the angels came down from heaven last night and took grandad to be with grandma. The boys understood and were just quiet, my now eight year old sobbed and I fear she may quietly suffer if i'm not careful she's a very emotional little girl who idolised her grandad that is why I couldn't let her share her birthday with the day he died. It will make no difference if she thinks it happened today but it will make a huge difference if she believes it happened on her birthday.
And my 4 yr old asked if we decorate granada room in pretty Christmas stuff will the angels be happy when they bring him back. .... how do you answer that.

2197alexandra

Oct 28, 2013
Sileby
Well its been a couple of days since dad left us and I'm not quite sure how I'm feeling. Everything seems a blur still, I think some of me thinks its all a dream and I'll wake up soon and dad will be back.

Got appointments at the registry office and funeral directors tomorrow so my last day moping around the house in my pjs. And I must get the children back into school too.

My brothers and sister have all been and seen me. I feel very cold towards all of them as they have never been bothered whilst dad was ill. My little brother made a comment of he should of been around more but I couldn't say anything nice to make him feel better because Yes he should of been around more I have no sympathy for his rotten feelings now.

Everyone has left me to do the funeral arrangements which I half expected but at least this way I get to do what me and dad had planned.

I still can't bear to switch his room off. I shall probably just wait till NRS come to collect all his equipment then clear it out.

I haven't even started to think about christmas apart from putting the tree up this lunchtime with the kids.
I have NO christmas presents bought yet, not one. I was so busy whilst dad was ill I never managed any and now I'm either busy with arrangements or I haven't got a single bit of desire to go shopping.
Four kids and no presents what the hell am I going to do. I can't ruin their christmas so I think I'll just have to brave it and get it done.

Then to top it all off my landloards letting agents have decided I need a house inspection next Tuesday. My house is like a cow pit. Its got piles of washing everywhere. Piles of mess and paperwork. The kids rooms are destroyed. I've got decorations that need putting up still making a mess everywhere. I just don't know where to start !!!

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
That's one bit of info I can give you, if property inspection time not suitable for you, as a tenant you have every right to refuse and arrange a more suitable time, tell them in the New Year is more convenient. What the hell, its only the agent.

Pegsdaughter

Oct 7, 2014
London
My condolences. You have more than enough to cope with. Tell them nothing doing until after the funeral . That and your children's Christmas is far more important than an inspection. I think you are marvellous I would have told the relatives to sort the funeral. Sue

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Gigglemore

Oct 18, 2013
British Isles
So sorry for the loss of your Dad, so difficult at any time of year but especially when you are trying so hard to care for your children and their emotions too. Wishing you strength for the weeks ahead.

halojones

May 7, 2014
Hi Alexandra, what a difficult time for you all...If I was you.I would put off the house inspection, then could you get some help with getting the house sorted, (maybe pay for a couple of hours help?) Obviously you have to sort out the funeral as well, but once the house is straight you can shop online for Xmas and get ready for Xmas with your children, it is still over 2weeks away....You must be feeling quite overwhelmed with it all, but you will get through it, as your lovely children need you., and what a wonderful relationship they have had with their grandad, you have shown them and taught them so much, to love and care so much, lovely children...Take care xxx..

geum123

May 20, 2009
I'm so very sorry Alexandra.
Wishing you strength in the coming weeks.
xxxx

Debbie Reads

Jul 27, 2014
Deepest sympathies to those left behind. Your Dad is whole again and free. Hope this will bring some comfort.

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicky67!