Covid and alzheimer's

PetAng59

Oct 11, 2020
Barnsley
Hi, does anyone have any experience with the affect that covid has on alzheimers patients?
My husband who is in later stage has caught it and is behaving rather strange. He's much more confused and is getting angry when I am trying to do his personal cares. He wouldn't eat his tea this evening and was kicking the sofa and banging the door into the wall purposely. He has also been talking like there is a 3rd person in the house with us. It doesn't help that I have caught covid too. We have done well not to catch it before but I knew it would catch up with us eventually.

Gilly-Bean

Oct 27, 2021
My Dad caught covid from me a few weeks ago. He actually wasn't that poorly but much more confused than he normally is. He was extremely grumpy and acted like a moody teenager. His sleep was very erratic as well. Thankfully he did recover from it and was back to his normal confused state within a couple of weeks. But the change in him whist he had it was quite dramatic. I hope your husband recovers very soon.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
OH and I caught covid just before easter. He did not need to go into hospital, but he was very confused and his mobility was awful. It improved again as he recovered, but it hasnt gone back to where it was before he caught covid.

PetAng59

Oct 11, 2020
Barnsley
Thanks guys, I did notice yesterday that he was very slow with his walking. He has peripheral neuropathy in his feet so blames everything on his feet hurting. He wouldn't eat his tea last night because his feet were hurting!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yourmindanwe