Continuing thread on sister with dementia.

JaniceK

Apr 5, 2023
Since posting last tried to see my sister (200 mile + round trip)...brother in law wouldn't let me see her although my sister was expecting me. Safeguarding now closed my case ..say they can't do anything until her gp makes a request to them. Have asked social services for the name of her surgery ...don't think this contravenes data protection. I think I have identified which surgery, could I contact and ask to speak to her gp, even if he can't disclose any detail related to my sister. I think she is getting worse and needs a carer, however her husband refuses to even discuss this.

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
When did you last see her? Whatdo you feel your bro in law is doing wrong/not doing?
What can you tell her GP ? That he wont let you see her? Thats not really a GP matter.
My S in Law blocks me seeing my brother- absolutely nothng I can do about it. He doesnt have dementia either, but disabled following a stroke. If I do get a rare (I mean once a year) phone call to him i lucky - its luck that she's out.
Why wont he man up? Because she has him over a barrel

JaniceK

Apr 5, 2023
Haven't seen her since before Covid. I reported my concerns re financial abuse by a close member of the family who is basically squatting in their house, however since controls have been put in place to a certain degree ths safeguarding people closed the case, BIL knows what he has to do to get 'squatters' out but won't do it ...I think emotional pressure from my sister ....and because I told him to do what he has been advised by Social services he how refuses to speak to me and slammed the door in my face when we did a round trip to visit. The squatters have now been in situ for 19 months ( told they could stay for 3 weeks). The pair of them live a virtually isolated lifestyle other than tge resident parasite. I think my number has been blocked on her mobile, but so far been able to speak to her via the landline. Just so frustrating.

Recent Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maraid