Confusion

Lindsr

Feb 29, 2020
My Dad has Alzheimer’s..... diagnosed two years ago. He lives with mum, both in late 80s. Mum copes well but is finding it harder. Recently he has started asking to go to bed very early, (his bed is in sitting room as he can no longer climb stairs) but is no sooner lying down when he wants back up, into his chair. This can go on for 3-4 hours at a time and is very hard for mum to manage. Has anyone else experienced this? How did you manage it. He gets very anxious during this period.

Lindsr

Feb 29, 2020

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
Hello @Lindsr and welcome from me too. I hope you find the forum to be a friendly and supportive place.

I hope you have time to take a good look around the site as it is a goldmine for information. When I first joined I read old threads for information but then found the AS Publications list and the page where a post code search can be done to check for support services in ones own area. If you are interested in these, clicking the following links will take you there

https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/get-support/publications-factsheets-full-list

https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/find-support-near-you

You will see that there are Factsheets that will help with things like getting care needs assessments, deciding the level of care required and sorting out useful things like Wills, Power of Attorney etc., if any of that hasn't already been done. There is also a Dementia Guide in the list.

I see that sundowning may be an issue but I feel that you should also consider Depression and Anxiety as they are common bedfellows of Dementia. My wife is treated separately for these conditions as well as her Dementia. There is a Factsheet in the list about this issue.

Now that you have found us I hope you will keep posting as the membership has vast collective knowledge and experience.

Recent Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carol Diane