Concern about forgetfulness

Bella1010

Jul 11, 2024
Hi there my name is isobel and am finding I am getting forgetful . Was at my gp today to do the basic memory test and although I scored 28/30m my amazing doc is going to get me to do another further test. It’s quite daunting but after seeing family members with this , especially my wonderful mum, I’m up for trying to deal with any potential issues . So glad I found this forum, I hope everyone is doing good and will be be nice to communicate with others❤️

Gosling

Volunteer Host
Aug 2, 2022
South West UK
Hello and firstly welcome @Bella1010 to this friendly and supportive forum. There is a wealth of shared experience here so I am glad you have found us.

I am sorry to read of you worries about your forgetfulness, but it is good that you have seen your GP and seeking a diagnosis. The following link may help with information:
I hope you will find this forum as useful as I have. People here really do want to help. If you have any particular questions, then please do ask. You will find total understanding and empathy.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Welcome from me too @Bella1010 - I’m another Isobel!😍

I’m glad you’ve found this forum too. I’m sure you’ll find everyone understanding and supportive. You might also find this link useful -

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello @Bella1010. Welcome

28/30 is not a bad result at all which is probably why your amazing doctor wants to be doubly sure of a correct diagnosis which may not be the diagnosis you fear.

I think those of us with experience of family members with dementia are more aware than most of certain feelings of something's not 100% right.

I hope your feelings and concerns are premature but if the worst happens I hope you will get all the help and support you need.