Cleanliness

Flower girl

Jan 27, 2017
Bedfordshire
My DH has lost understanding of a toilet and when he gets out of bed in the nursing home he will just urinate on floor. Unfortunately the room has a not very pleasant odour which I have mentioned but nothing seems to have been done about it, there must be some sort of product that can eliminate it. Please say I’m not being unreasonable.

Angela57

Jan 22, 2016
You are not being unreasonable at all to want a fresh smelling room for him. Is it carpet or hard floor? If it's carpet, the odour is difficult to get rid of.

I've had problems in the past at home with this, but only on lino and on hard floors, tried many products until I found pet kennel cleaner worked. If his room is being cleaned with disinfectant, the odour will remain. I would keep mentioning it on every visit.

Flower girl

Jan 27, 2017
Bedfordshire
Thank you, it is laminate flooring I will keep mentioning it I’m sure this can not be the first time they have had this problem. He has only been there three weeks and I don,t want to be classed as a moaner.

Angela57

Jan 22, 2016
Thank you, it is laminate flooring I will keep mentioning it I’m sure this can not be the first time they have had this problem. He has only been there three weeks and I don,t want to be classed as a moaner.
I am sorry that you feel that you can't keep mentioning it. I was the same with both my parents homes at the start and know how scary it is if you think you're overstepping the mark with the home. Could you suggest that he needs help to be guided to the toilet regulary? During both day and night? That isn't complaining about the odour, it's only asking that he gets the help and care he needs.

Theresalwaystomorrow

Dec 23, 2017
Hi Flower girl
This sounds very familiar, my mum keeps using her chair in her nh room as the toilet!
She should not be going toilet un assisted but unfortunately they have not always got the staff and they let her wander on her own which is a risk for her.
I certainly would mention this to the Home and mayb suggest incontinent pants or regular toileting