CHC survey???

Brodie

Nov 23, 2013
middlesex
hi,

there is so much valuable information on this site but difficult to work your way through especially with regard to peoples personnel experiences of the process. the CHC process is a complete mindfield and very very time consuming and emotional process.

I was wondering if a survey ever been conducted of the members on this site about what scores peoples relatives are achieving and whether they achieve funding or not. (specifically the DST or 2nd stage funding assessment)

I appreciate that everyone's case is unique - but it might help us to get a better understanding of realistically what is achievable by having some level of benchmark or help us identify some trends.

there must be enough people on this site to make the results meaningful? maybe even the Alzheimers Society could use the results??

does anyone else have a view on this - maybe the site moderators could give some feedback also.

sorry I have a real bee in my bonnet about this - probably because I am anxiously waiting for a result from them.

clare

Wolfsgirl

Oct 18, 2012
Nr Heathrow, Mum has AD & VD
Hi Clare, I am just about to make an appeal as it has been refused for my Mum! Like your idea but not sure how it could be administered...

I am also from Middx!

hi,

there is so much valuable information on this site but difficult to work your way through especially with regard to peoples personnel experiences of the process. the CHC process is a complete mindfield and very very time consuming and emotional process.

I was wondering if a survey ever been conducted of the members on this site about what scores peoples relatives are achieving and whether they achieve funding or not. (specifically the DST or 2nd stage funding assessment)

I appreciate that everyone's case is unique - but it might help us to get a better understanding of realistically what is achievable by having some level of benchmark or help us identify some trends.

there must be enough people on this site to make the results meaningful? maybe even the Alzheimers Society could use the results??

does anyone else have a view on this - maybe the site moderators could give some feedback also.

sorry I have a real bee in my bonnet about this - probably because I am anxiously waiting for a result from them.

clare

Brodie

Nov 23, 2013
middlesex
hi - I was hoping to get some initial feeback from people whether this is something people would find useful and then work out the mechanicals of how we could do this - maybe the society could help us!

I think we should compare notes Wolfsgirl! we are probably dealing with the same people.... I will drop you an email (if I can work out how to do it!)

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
The problem with surveys is designing meaningful questions.

You can easily post a poll with up to 10 yes/no answers, more complex polls require third party software plenty of which is available FOC.

To post a poll on TP click on 'Post new thread' at the top of the desired forum and then scroll down to get

Attachments

• ScreenShot001.jpg
    ScreenShot001.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 395

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
The problem is that gaining CHC funding is a post-code lottery as some CCGs, previously PCTs, are more lenient than others. So one will award what another will refuse. There is no equality.

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
I think Saffie's raised the major stumbling block: the fact that where you live is going to have a major impact.

Brodie

Nov 23, 2013
middlesex
great to get some feedback on this!

with reference to the CCGlottery - would that not be one of important variables in obtaining CHC funding and wouldn't it be great if we could identify that in the survey. they do zone the individual NHS CCG's up to higher regions.

I agree that this seems that this would be quite a complex thing but if we could get some baseline of information of what criteria people meet to get or (failed to get) funding would it not be another tool / information source for people. it definitely might help people with their decisions in whether to apply in the first place and then whether to appeal.

I think how and what was included in any survey would need to carefully thought though......

maybe we could get some feedback on here what people feel should be asked in the survey?

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Using CCG instead of postcode reduces the number of areas.

Each CCG contains several postcodes and there is no guarantee that a particular postcode is not split between multiple CCGs.

geum123

May 20, 2009
Maybe a freedom of information request to each ccg would reveal how many people are in receipt of NHSCC??

FifiMo

Feb 10, 2010
Wiltshire
Ehmm the statistics are already published so save your money on FOI questions.

If you click on first link it takes you to the report of which this page is an annex. Click on the next, green one and the spreadsheet comes up and appears blank to start. At the top however you will find the tabs with the data on it.

http://www.hscic.gov.uk/catalogue/PUB13345

Have fun!

Fiona

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Yes, I remembered seeing the stats but couldn't recall where so didn't like to mention it.
Even so we have no way of knowing that the needs were equal so it isn't an accurate representation but that of course it can never be. A good indication though.

Brodie

Nov 23, 2013
middlesex
I had a quick look at the data - it only states the people that were eligible!! I wonder how many people have actually applied and failed the assessment. nor does it split out by dementia patients.

do you think that the stats also include people that are getting just the NHS Funded Nursing Care allowance?? i am not sure if that would be included in these CHC figures?

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
?? i am not sure if that would be included in these CHC figures?
No, I don't think it does as that is far more achievable and is, I think, just about automatic if one goes into a nursing home. Swallowed up in the extra fees they charge though.

If they are deemed eligible then surely that means they have been granted the funding.

Last edited:

geum123

May 20, 2009
Ehmm the statistics are already published so save your money on FOI questions.

If you click on first link it takes you to the report of which this page is an annex. Click on the next, green one and the spreadsheet comes up and appears blank to start. At the top however you will find the tabs with the data on it.

http://www.hscic.gov.uk/catalogue/PUB13345

Have fun!

Fiona
Thanks Fiona.
I knew I'd seen it somewhere.:)

susankell

Feb 9, 2011
luton
Hi Brodie

I am happy to help out however I can so send me a private message and we'll take it from there.

Regards, Susan

hi,

clare

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicky67!