Changes

Sofiagrace123

Apr 6, 2022
2 years ago I was diagnosed with mild cognitive impairment but recently been tested again in two different places both reports came back with significant memory impairment in multiple domains and moderate cognive impairment does this mean I've got worse over time

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Welcome to the forum @Sofiagrace123.

I’m sorry you are facing these difficulties. Is there a possibility of having a discussions about these results with someone from a memory clinic or a named professional who has been involved in the testing process?

Sofiagrace123

Apr 6, 2022
Thank you for your reply , yes I have spoken to them and they said I have cognitive impairment in multiple domains , but since 2019 it hasn't declined yet in 2019 I had mild cognitive impairment now there saying moderate cognitive impairment and significant memory impairment it's difficult to know what's going on . However today I was on the phone to my nephew and put the phone on the table and started taking to the letter in my other hand thinking it was the phone

Sofiagrace123

Apr 6, 2022
Hi can anyone help me make sence of all this I have a mmse of 22/30 rbans 62 /100 significant memory problems cognitive impairment in multiple domains and all I've been told is use a white board , no MRI or proper explanation or diagnosis even though I'm burning kettles plugs food , loosing tack of conversations recall and thinking issues any help appreciated thank you

Tricot

Jun 20, 2017
France
Hello Sofiagrace123, I'm sorry to read about these worrying things that are happening to you. It's very unnerving when you are aware of deterioration yet have no explanation from the professionals. I have never read about stages of Mild Cognitive Impairment. I think MCI is a bit of a grey area. I do agree that you should go back to the last professional/clinic that gave you the most recent diagnosis and ask to discuss it more fully. Did you tell them that you're burning kettles etc? That could be dangerous.

Do you have anyone to help you at home?

Sofiagrace123

Apr 6, 2022
Thankyou for taking the time to respond , yes I've had MCI for approximately 2 yrs I did tell them that and also that I drove my car one morning just using aide lights on and other drivers were beeping at me yet I still didn't get it , I just feel this is impacting my daily life but they never even suggested a MRI , I had a MRI 2 yrs ago and that showed grade 1 small vessel disease so not sure what's going on

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Hi @Sofiagrace123
Im sure this must be very concerning for you. I think it would probably be a good idea to have a repeat MRI to see if there is any change, but I dont know how you could persuade the doctors. Could you perhaps keep a diary of all the things that concern you - and perhaps others too, who may see things that you are not aware of?

Sofiagrace123

Apr 6, 2022
Thank you for your reply , yes I do try to keep up with what happens day to day I think I will ask for a second opinion or a mri