Can't cope in this heat

Pross

Mar 2, 2013
South east
PJ has been up since five. He prowled for the best part of three hours. Had breakfast then a brief nap then started prowling again. I had help for a couple of hours so was able to have lunch with friends. You'd think that would relax me for the rest of the day. Not so. I'm hot, tired and bad tempered. Trying to get husband to drink anything is a nightmare. He's not peeing a lot and it stinks. Yes, he says, when I urge him to drink his tea. Then takes it into the kitchen, chucks it down the sink and washes the mug. Another ten minute nap just now and then he's back upstairs, prowling from room to room, 'sorting' every cupboard, drawer, shelf and box he comes across. I shouted horrible things at him just now and feel so mean. I know it's the illness, not him, but where is he? I so wish I could have him back instead of this strange being who rarely speaks, rarely understands anything and lives in a world I can't reach.

Butter

Jan 19, 2012
NeverNeverLand
You describe it so well - I know that is no comfort, but I am sorry it is so difficult. And, as you say, the heat cooks it all up into an even bigger misery.
As for shouting - yes I am with you there too. My husband spent two hours last night telling me he was about to go to bed. In the end I went on my own. Once I had settled into that first deep sleep - I was woken by him crashing round the bedroom. (I mean crashing - he knocked over a step ladder ....) So I shouted.
And he insists on drinking from our bathroom tap. That is not mains water. Our cold water tank is old and filthy........... I have given up trying to do anything about that as I become public enemy number one. Again.
So you have all my sympathy.

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
Its really hard to keep calm and not respond to upsets in this heat - Mum is driving me nuts and I have snapped at her twice now - and I only have to suffer it by phone, albeit in multiple phone calls. I apologise but somehow that seems to give her leeway to be nasty again - ho hum.

So sending you both a supportive hug, guess we all have to realise we can't expect to always deal with things how we think we should - whether that's because of heat, repetition or someone being aggravating or aggressive verbally.

I am looking forward to the thunderstorms and maybe this oppressive heat will break - its been lethal here today

Take care

Celia
xx