Buddy Request

Big Effort

Account Closed
Jul 8, 2012
Hello and good morning to all you wonderful people!

A simple question. I have had a Buddy Request..... nice, what a compliment and all that ego-rush...... but what precisely does this entail? My life is chaos, struggling to keep our heads above water financially, must put Mum into fulltime care and I can't face this either, nor can I face keeping her at home..... so what good am I as a buddy?

I don't want to raise hopes of being a buddy/rock/support and turn out to be the one who wobbles, acts out and all things undesirable.

Thanks for any input.
All quiet (too quiet???) here on the Alz front. Need to go and read her facial expression to gauge the calibre of this morning.

Wishing you all well.... Big Effort

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Hi BE. Not sure what you mean by a Buddy Request. Is it a friends request on Talking Point? If it is it doesn't entail anything really. Some people have TP 'friends' others don't. I think you can send PMs directly to people in your friends list. Sorry if this isn't what you mean!

I hope your day is a good one. x

Big Effort

Account Closed
Jul 8, 2012
Hi Izzy, my dear.
Yes this is precisely what I mean. Just got an email in asking to confirm friends status. Do you have them? What is expected of me? Cheers, BE

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Hi again. Yes I do. I have tendustream just accept friends requests. Most if these were in the early days of my being on TP. There's nothing expected of you as a friend. I think though if you feel uncomfortable about accepting friends requests you could pm the person and say that at the moment you'd prefer not to have friends requests and that not to be upset but you are not going to accept just now. I'm sure the person will understand

As I say I've just accepted requests but I don't make any use of the friends list at all and no-one has ever expected anything of me. Take care. X

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
Hi Big Effort,

As Izzy has said, accepting a friend request doesn't mean anything is expected of you. The main effect it will have is on your privacy settings. Your posts on the forums are visible to all, but you can set privacy settings for blogs and albums. For example you make your blog private so that only your friends can see it, or only friends can reply etc.

See here for the difference between Friends and Contacts.

I'm moving your thread to the Computer tips section as that is the most appropriate forum for it.