Bloated stomach

beffy

Jun 23, 2016
my husband has had ftd for over 4 years, he sleeps for 12 hrs per night and when he get s up says he's not hungry and still full up from night before,he doesn't want to eat,only ever wants small portions and because of s,especially is only eating two meals a day, he has a very bloated stomach which is quite hard,he isn't constipated, wondered ic anyone has also encountered this and how they got around it and ic knew why stomach so hard,also he has developed a problem with his mouth he is continually smacking his lips and chomping his mouth although his mouth is empty, he has also developed a lisp and his tongue curls when he speaks

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Hi @beffy . Has his bloated stomach ever been investigated? It might be something totally unrelated to his FTD

also he has developed a problem with his mouth he is continually smacking his lips and chomping his mouth although his mouth is empty, he has also developed a lisp and his tongue curls when he speaks
In a previous post you said he was taking risperidone. Is he still taking it? I would talk to the doctor about these mouth movements as it might be something like tardive dyskinesia.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
my husband has had ftd for over 4 years, he sleeps for 12 hrs per night and when he get s up says he's not hungry and still full up from night before,he doesn't want to eat,only ever wants small portions and because of s,especially is only eating two meals a day, he has a very bloated stomach which is quite hard,he isn't constipated, wondered ic anyone has also encountered this and how they got around it and ic knew why stomach so hard,also he has developed a problem with his mouth he is continually smacking his lips and chomping his mouth although his mouth is empty, he has also developed a lisp and his tongue curls when he speaks
I would get the doctor to check bloods and urine. Has he got any heart problems etc?