Birthday - its the liitle things!

Chrissie2U

Nov 3, 2019
Mum has Alzheimers but is doing quite well, she has carer's four times a day. I live about half an hour away but due to illness i couldnt see her on my Birthday. Iknew this year there would be no Birthday card, last year i bought one when she was was with me to sign and last year she did remember it was my Birthday and phoned me wishing me the best. Yesterday i phoned her and she did not know it was my Birthday. Ofcourse i know its not her fault its the condition but it is the little things i find heartbreaking, how precious it is to receive cards/best wishes from your loved ones, i felt really sad.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Happy Belated Birthday Chrissie.

I know how you feel. My dad wasn't into birthdays and Christmases like the rest of the family but it is still difficult. I used to get him to sign cards to the rest of the family and I bought the presents. My brothers were incapable of buying a card for dad to sign on my birthday but if you have a partner or another family member then they should do this on your behalf. If you have POA you can spend a reasonable amount on presents if you know this is what your mum would have wanted.

I know it is very difficult I've just had dad's first birthday without him but I still went out for lunch and dinner. I also played the violin at his old care home.

Hugs and please do something for yourself today

MaNaAk

Chrissie2U

Nov 3, 2019
Happy Belated Birthday Chrissie.

I know how you feel. My dad wasn't into birthdays and Christmases like the rest of the family but it is still difficult. I used to get him to sign cards to the rest of the family and I bought the presents. My brothers were incapable of buying a card for dad to sign on my birthday but if you have a partner or another family member then they should do this on your behalf. If you have POA you can spend a reasonable amount on presents if you know this is what your mum would have wanted.

I know it is very difficult I've just had dad's first birthday without him but I still went out for lunch and dinner. I also played the violin at his old care home.

Hugs and please do something for yourself today

MaNaAk
Thank You xx