Birthday cards from the Queen

sarby

Apr 30, 2011
You can get a card from the Queen for your 100th, 105th and all subsequent birthdays.
There's one Government and two Buckingham Palace websites that give information - contradictory information - about how to get a birthday card.
Two of them say you do NOT need to apply if you live in the UK and get a state pension or benefit.
One says you DO need to apply (by sending a postal form).
My Mum has had 2 such cards, both applied for.
For her 106th I thought I would not send an application form and see what happened.
Nothing happened, so I conclude than an application definitely IS required.
It can be done online here: www.royal.uk/anniversary-messages-0
I hope this is useful.
UPDATE
Ignore my remark above: NO application is needed for UK residents getting a pension or benfit.
When Mum's care home told me there was no card from the Queen, I assumed the fault lay with the System.
Wrong: the royal card WAS delivered to Mum's care home but someone put in a pile along with other junk mail!

Last edited:

sarby

Apr 30, 2011
Users can edit their posts for 24 hours only after posting.
Is the only way to edit a post to cancel membership?
Is it even possible to cancel?

Last edited:

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
Hi @sarby, just to answer your questions, here are the 2 relevant forum rules

• 3.18 You have the ability to edit posts within 24 hours of publication. After that time, you may contact Dementia Talking Point staff to request amendments but Alzheimer's Society is under no automatic obligation to amend posts.

• 5.2 Your data is kept in line with the expectation that members can use the service continuously. Members are able to request account closure and data removal by contacting the Online Community Manager by emailing talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk.