Basic CD player

Bluemeadow

Jul 1, 2022
Any recommendations for a super super basic CD player with in built speakers? Gave my Dad some CDs for his birthday yesterday as he loves listening to old songs and singing along. Thought my daughter’s old CD radio player would do the job. Already had a phone call because he can’t get it to play and has ‘tried lots of buttons’ before calling. My guess is he’s put it on radio or AUX and it’s just too hard to get him to check or change that by phone at distance. Anyone aware of anything dementia friendly? I will be writing some numbers on the relevant buttons in permanent markers when I go this week and taking a photo of it too! Can’t believe I forgot to take a photo. Daughter had left written instructions which I told her was a lovely thought for a rational thinker but that they will not be referenced by my Dad…..how right I was.

nita

Dec 30, 2011
Essex
It's a difficult one. All of them seem to come with radios or else they're bluetooth. I found this one - would it be any good? Still got buttons to push.

Just wondering, it he hasn't got broadband, what will happen when his landline goes over to VOIP?

Last edited:

Bluemeadow

Jul 1, 2022
Thanks nita that looks like an option.

He never had a landline installed in his supported housing as he had him mobile and was adamant he wouldn’t be staying there long. I’ve suggested it more recently to the manager but she is currently assessing their ability to be enough support for him on a month by month basis. He is quite angry about not being able to live abroad as he remembers when my mum was alive and still thinks one day he will travel back so anywhere in the UK he sees as temporary. He’s been here on a permanent basis for 18 months now and tried to travel back on his own twice….. police and hospital involved.

nita

Dec 30, 2011
Essex
Hi @Bluemeadow - it does sound as though he is at risk if he is trying to travel abroad - is it because he thinks your Mum is there? He may need residential care. Does he have a social worker you can speak to?