Bank holiday blues

hillyjay

Hi read your letter re life ebbing away ,mine has gone
my husband has vascular ,alzimers dementia he is also alcoholic ,
words fail me ,,,yes help out there ,but my husband wants no,one just me
my sons work families of there own ,so. There time is limited ,,sorry I’m going on ,my marriage hasn’t been good ,,,,,yesterday nurse made comment
must be hard seeing dementia in some you love ,,Harider when you Don’t
Godbless x
That nurse probably meant to be sympathetic but she had no idea of how you really feel. Keep posting, there’s people on here who do understand. I wish I could say something useful but all I can do is send hugs. Take care of yourself, John.

JaxG

Hi read your letter re life ebbing away ,mine has gone
my husband has vascular ,alzimers dementia he is also alcoholic ,
words fail me ,,,yes help out there ,but my husband wants no,one just me
my sons work families of there own ,so. There time is limited ,,sorry I’m going on ,my marriage hasn’t been good ,,,,,yesterday nurse made comment
must be hard seeing dementia in some you love ,,Harider when you Don’t
Godbless x
I'm like you - husband has been difficult and moody for years. I was going to leave in 2020, Covid hit and by the end of the year he had been diagnosed with dementia. I don't love him, I resent the loss of my life, I resent the fact that he got into huge debt and left me to pay it off over 5 years. I think it's tragic if you do love the PWD, it's torture if you do not. It just helps to know that there are others who feel the same.

Ellie2018

Hi @Ellie2018 , I am having counselling and it has been the most brilliant help. I am sure most of us recognise the times when we are impatient and angry. I couldn't get over how angry I was without help. My husband is in a Nursing home now,our visits are happy and loving and we are able to plan things. I dont know if he will be allowed home but if he is I feel able to manage.
I’m on the list so hopefully that will help me cope better.