audiobooks

jhoward

Aug 3, 2011
west sussex
I've always loved audiobooks - get them from the library. I choose soothing stories from the library, and it's like having someone reading to me at night. Very comforting!

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
There are a number of sites where you can (legally) download talking books for free.
They're all out of copyright so it's mainly the old classics, Sherlock Holmes is my favourite. There is a site called "librivox" which is very good for this and it's free.
Likewise I download a lot of old radio show (google Old Time Radio) my wife likes to listed to the old comedies and some of the old dramas like Paul Temple.
K

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I've always loved audiobooks - get them from the library. I choose soothing stories from the library, and it's like having someone reading to me at night. Very comforting!

I use audio books to get me to sleep at night. I download them from the library to my computer and then transfer them to my IPod touch. That way I can keep them for as long as I like. I love them and prefer them to real books now.
Mind you, a lot depends on the reader. Some are so much better than others. It can also highlight the mispronunciation of words by some readers which I confess I find quite surprising.

Azure9

Jan 13, 2017
Singapore
Sunshine on My Face: A Read-Aloud Book for Memory-Challenged Adults, 10th Anniversary Edition. It's a great one.