Attendance allowance

Timmy3

Feb 20, 2024
Eleanor here: Hi, A question.
I have POA for my sister and have arranged her care for 6 days a week. If I apply for self-directed support on her behalf would it affect the attendance allowance that she currently receives?

special 1

Oct 16, 2023
Hi there. I get attendance allowance for my Husband on the higher rate. That should not change as that is for that persons needs, like bedding, underwear etc. Also that is not classed as savings. He is entitled to it. I am in Fife. Good Luck .🌈🌈

Timmy3

Feb 20, 2024
Thanks ,
#is this a scottish thing? i'd never heard of it. ( googled)
attendance allowance is a UK benefit for people in the UK who are deemed as needing assistance and are given funds to enable them with their care, ask your council office for info. It isa well known established benefit.

Timmy3

Feb 20, 2024
Hi there. I get attendance allowance for my Husband on the higher rate. That should not change as that is for that persons needs, like bedding, underwear etc. Also that is not classed as savings. He is entitled to it. I am in Fife. Good Luck .🌈🌈
Do you also receive self directed support.

special 1

Oct 16, 2023
Hi again, I don't get self direct support with carers coming at the moment as my daughter stays with us and she helps me. You can speak to the social services and they can and should be able to arrange carers to come in 4 times a day to help with your needs for free as they were going to arrange that for me if I needed it. I hope this is helpful for you. Also You can go into self-direct support on the computer and it will give you a better insight to what you are looking for. Hope this is a bit of a help. Take care.

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
Thanks ,

attendance allowance is a UK benefit for people in the UK who are deemed as needing assistance and are given funds to enable them with their care, ask your council office for info. It isa well known established benefit.
I know what attendance aloowance is, it the self directed support that i have never heard of. is it perculiar to Scotland?

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janet1980