An update

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
A few TP friends have mentioned that I seem rather quiet on TP of late and that is because I had so much to do to sort things out after the aftermath of that sitter that failed to follow the care plan. It meant phone calls, a meeting with the Speech and Language therapist and things to type up. All this on top of trying to care for a very disturbed husband. Crossroads are holding a strategy meeting with regard to Alan's care and the S&L therapist has contributed her suggestions.

It has taken quite a time but Alan is now stabilised again and he even looks more like his old self. He has recovered a lot of abilities. I now really believe he did not have a decline in his condition but suffered as a result of someone who failed to follow his care plan which is vital to help try maintain Alan's good quality of life.

I have my second respite weekend starting on Friday morning and Alan will be cared for at home with sitters that are proven capable of knowing his needs. I will be staying with my daughter in Coventry and I have been assured the use of a computer as I was thinking of buying a dongle:D

I feel very well myself now that the problem with that sitter is sorted out and someone mentioned I ought to think about taking some B6 & B12 vitamins which I am now taking.

Love to you all

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Hello Helen:
Good to hear this! Hope you have a lovely break this weekend. One of my first dates with David was at the theatre in Coventry :):)

You sound much better!! :):)
Love Jan

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
I love the name - dongle- it just trips off the tongue doesn't it? But I have no idea what a 'dongle' does!

Have a good r'n'r with your daughter and try not to worry too much. When you have done everything you can, then you have done everything you can except go off and try to have a rest!

xxTinaT

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Helen

I bet you will be able to leave Alan next weekend with much more peace of mind now he has stabilized.
I hope you get your dongle. :D

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Jan, I do really feel so much better. I have learnt a lot during this year with sitters and I will not allow new people to take over Alan's care unless I know that they are familiar with the essential parts of Alan's care management.

Tina, You will have to read the Halloween retreat thread to find out about dongles and ding-a-lings

Sylvia, I am looking forward to doing other things with other people knowing that I have the option to be with my TP friends too:)

Love

Vonny

Feb 3, 2009
Telford
Hi Helen,

Such good news that Alan is stable and you are going away at the weekend, things seem to be looking up and not before time!

We'll probably speak again before the weekend but in case we don't have a lovely time and don't worry about dongles :D And ding-a-lings??? :eek: Goodness you are getting sophisticated! :D

Vonny xx

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
Many years ago, Ken, myself and Brother in Law and Sister in Law went to a club to see Gene Pitney. Because he was the star act, he was on last. And because we very rarely got out in the evenings as we all had small children to look after, we really pushed the boat out! I was completely sozzled by the time Gene Pitney came on but do remember he pretended to take written questions from the audience.

One of the supposed questions he read out was,

' Does your dingle dangle in the dust?'

xxTinaT

milly123

Mar 15, 2009
England
hello helen have a lovely break at your daughters im sure alan will be fine now you have got things sorted milly

sad nell

Mar 21, 2008
bradford west yorkshire
Tina a dongle is just like a key to allow you accsess, helen glad things are getting sorted have a good old girlie weekend with your daughter, when i chat to my daughter and we do chat to excess and gigle a lot , it so irratates trev that we have to stop, just feel she misses out so much because of this desease, just enjoy your respite, i know find it easier to let go of trevs care in the knowledge that the staff really love trev too love pam