Almost 2 years since my diagnosis, Mixed Dementia

Catherine57

Nov 18, 2014
Evesham
Hello Folks,
It's been almost 2 years since I got the diagnosis that I had C.V.D and early on set Alz. I have to say I have been doing really well, The group 'Living Well With Dementia' were an abslloute God Send!
I have my challenges to say the least and perticurlaly today? I feel like I am on the out side looking in at my self? Does that make sence?

I don't write on here very often as I struggel with words and cant remember even simple spelling, but have read many of the posts and find it incredibly helpful.

I have for the last few months noticed a shift in my personality. in fact am struggling to understand my mood swings, tottally out of the blue?
for example, I have had a really lovely weekend with my husband and enjoyed doing a bit in the garden while the weather is lovely..... Then for no reason I began to feel aggitatedd, irratated and angry at everythng. Thetap was running too slow in the bathroom, the wardrobe door was stiff, I couldent get my head into action, start one thing and then begin another and another, forgetting about the first thing I had started...... Grrrrr so annoying. I have discussed it with my G.P and he has sent off for my notes from my consultant, so am waiting to see what the next action plan is.
Oh well, I guess it's just part of the journey. Scarey sometimes though<?
Sorry for bad spelling......Hard to believe I am a published writer, or was!
Hugs
Catherine xxx

SisterAct

Jul 5, 2011
Liverpool, Merseyside
Hi Catherine
I'm glad you have found a group that helps you through the day etc.
You sound such a positive, energetic person and I guess your 'not so good' days are down to the frustration that comes with this illness.

I don't know how young you are but if you are of a certain age some of the conditions you mentioned might be due to the menopause and not dementia.
I know I was like Jeykll and Hyde
Take Care
Luv
Polly
xxx

Sammyjo1

Jul 8, 2014
Hi Catherine

Glad to hear that you are being so positive and doing so well but understand how frustrating it must be to have unexplained feelings of anger or frustration creep up on you.

My OH has early onset ALZ (possibly PCA) and was diagnosed 2 years ago. He is generally doing well too. He is an academic and is still able to think about his work but struggles with computers and IT now. He has installed DRAGON voice recognition software on his computer and finds it helps him immensely and he is able to get things onto the computer by using it. It's not exactly cheap but it really does help and I wonder if it might help you too?

Catherine57

Nov 18, 2014
Evesham
Thank You For your support x I genuinely mean thank you and your thoughtfulness xxx

Hi Catherine

Glad to hear that you are being so positive and doing so well but understand how frustrating it must be to have unexplained feelings of anger or frustration creep up on you.

My OH has early onset ALZ (possibly PCA) and was diagnosed 2 years ago. He is generally doing well too. He is an academic and is still able to think about his work but struggles with computers and IT now. He has installed DRAGON voice recognition software on his computer and finds it helps him immensely and he is able to get things onto the computer by using it. It's not exactly cheap but it really does help and I wonder if it might help you too?

Thank you Sammy Jo am looking up that suggestion as we speak xxx

Catherine57

Nov 18, 2014
Evesham
Thank You For your support x I genuinely mean thank you and your thoughtfulness xxx

Hi Catherine
I'm glad you have found a group that helps you through the day etc.
You sound such a positive, energetic person and I guess your 'not so good' days are down to the frustration that comes with this illness.

I don't know how young you are but if you are of a certain age some of the conditions you mentioned might be due to the menopause and not dementia.
I know I was like Jeykll and Hyde
Take Care
Luv
Polly
xxx
Am 59 now, was diagnosed at 57. thank you again Polly xxx :)

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Hello Folks,
It's been almost 2 years since I got the diagnosis that I had C.V.D and early on set Alz. I have to say I have been doing really well, The group 'Living Well With Dementia' were an abslloute God Send!
I have my challenges to say the least and perticurlaly today? I feel like I am on the out side looking in at my self? Does that make sence?

I don't write on here very often as I struggel with words and cant remember even simple spelling, but have read many of the posts and find it incredibly helpful.

I have for the last few months noticed a shift in my personality. in fact am struggling to understand my mood swings, tottally out of the blue?
for example, I have had a really lovely weekend with my husband and enjoyed doing a bit in the garden while the weather is lovely..... Then for no reason I began to feel aggitatedd, irratated and angry at everythng. Thetap was running too slow in the bathroom, the wardrobe door was stiff, I couldent get my head into action, start one thing and then begin another and another, forgetting about the first thing I had started...... Grrrrr so annoying. I have discussed it with my G.P and he has sent off for my notes from my consultant, so am waiting to see what the next action plan is.
Oh well, I guess it's just part of the journey. Scarey sometimes though<?
Sorry for bad spelling......Hard to believe I am a published writer, or was!
Hugs
Catherine xxx

Hello Catherine , my husband has early onset too, diagnosed 5 years ago . What you are saying so resonates with me. He also gets very irritable and frustrated . Just remember taking every day in is a lot of concentration and the brain does get tired and slows down a bit.its nice to see you so positive :) xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point